Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #1

22.5 wheel

Hi everybody, i have a Georgetown 338 2007 with 19.5 inches wheel... does anybody noes if i can put the 22.5 on it ??? thanks
prodaniel64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodaniel64
Hi everybody, i have a Georgetown 338 2007 with 19.5 inches wheel... does anybody noes if i can put the 22.5 on it ??? thanks
If you got the room then yes.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #3

It is doubtful the wheel stud bolts will be in the right arrangement. Also you will have issues with the computer and your speed sensor and transmission shifting will be all changed...I would not recommend doing this as it may turn into an expensive nightmare.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

What polkatronron said and in TRIPLICATE.

Bolt pattern and position, turning clearance, speedometer and tachometer differences, and on and on..........all must be considered, and most of them are safety related if changed.

If 22.5inch wheels are that important, then select a vehicle with them as standard equipment.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkatronron
It is doubtful the wheel stud bolts will be in the right arrangement. Also you will have issues with the computer and your speed sensor and transmission shifting will be all changed...I would not recommend doing this as it may turn into an expensive nightmare.
Wheel stud positions? He would have to get new wheels any way.

No issues with computer or transmission or speedometer.
The computer just has to be re-programed.

But he didn't ask about all that he asked if they would fit.

Answer is yes if he has the room.

One would think if he is changing tire sizes that wheels would also need to be changed. Hence order wheels to fit bolt pattern.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo

Wheel stud positions? He would have to get new wheels any way.

No issues with computer or transmission or speedometer.
The computer just has to be re-programed.

But he didn't ask about all that he asked if they would fit.

Answer is yes if he has the room.

One would think if he is changing tire sizes that wheels would also need to be changed. Hence order wheels to fit bolt pattern.
Ps our peterbilt dealer just reprogramed our bus convertered party bus with Allison trans for taller wheels in 20 minutes and $80.00
Old 06-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #7

Our 2007 Georgetown 340 came with 22.5 wheels. They might fit just fine on your 338
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #8

This is contraversial subject for sure. It all sounds simple...just get the right wheels with the proper bolt pattern, re program the computer and away you go. So, the best way to get an answer would be to talk to someone who is in the Alignment, Spring, Shock business for heavy vehicles. Naturally wheel shops just want to sell new wheels and tire shops love to sell tires so an independant source would be a good idea, right. So, find a reputable shop that works on heavy and large vehicles and present the issue. You might be surprised with the response. The shop I deal with took one second to give me the answer and it came out like this. "Yes, it can be done...NO we will not do it for you because the pain to get everything working right is not worth the effort and cost. Too many things are afffected, i.e. computers and including wheel clearances and steering issues (possibly affecting the way sway bars in the rear perform) which are impossible to change. The modification may also require an new inspection to acquire a Saftey Certification Certificate. Remember, mh chasis are incomplete chassis that are then certified when the mh is built.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #9

22.5 wheels will not bolt onto the hubs of a 19.5 wheel. Stud pattern is different, studs are of different length and lug nuts are different. Then it is possible the 22.5 may not have enough travel in the wheel well vertical or turn to turn. Then the cost of six wheels and tires with the hardware would depend on steel or aluminum wheels, just too pricey.
370xl is offline   Reply With Quote