Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2014, 06:35 PM   #1

328 icemaker

our ice maker quit while in fla. sure it hot but..... ice drops but frozen together. water comes out just fine any ideas?
k3wtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:58 PM   #2

Have you changed to smaller ice setting? Not sure if you have that option or not. Hope this helps.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #3

We have the fridgidaire gallery 3 door model.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #4

We have the same exact fridge. There is no setting for large or small cubes. It makes small cubes or crushed ice. I just went out and looked at the setting and I didn't see anything that could be causing that except for a "quick freeze" option. However, I think that relates to the freezer part only. Try resetting everything to default. There is an option for that. BTW, our cubes have nice symmetrical shapes and not frozen together.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #5

Something else you could look at is a clogged filter. Also, if your unit was winterized with the refrigerator's filter in place, you'll have to replace it. I ran pink stuff through ours as I didn't want to take the risk this past horrible winter. For this season I got a new filter and kept the old one just for winterizing. You can do that unless yours came with a filter bypass.

Here are some excerpts from the net:

Fused Cubes

• One problem that will make your ice machine unable to eject cubes normally is when all of the cubes freeze together in one big lump. This can make it difficult for the ice maker to dump the ice into the storage bin. The ice and water filter being clogged with sediment can cause fusing of cubes and making partially frozen or hollow-centered ice that trap water in the center. The low temperatures in the refrigerator can cause the excess liquid to bind the cubes together either in the molds or in the bin.

Temperature Fluctuations

• Temperature is the key to making ice. Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit and begins to melt as the temperature climbs above that mark. When there are temperature fluctuations inside the freezer compartment of your Frigidaire, the ice cubes in the ice machine may partially melt or not freeze entirely in the allotted time before the machine dumps the new batch of ice. If this happens, the circulating air may freeze the water in an unacceptable time. If the temperature in the freezer is far too high, the water may not freeze at all and there will be nothing produced.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #6

Brand new coach. I installed filter myself. Worked great for a month and on out 1st trip out no ice.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #7

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1398889929.746264.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	51297 as you can see it's all stuck together.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #8

0 deg in freezer and 37 in fridge. Ice maker is in top of fridge.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:13 PM   #9

Wow, that's all clumped up. I'm no expert, but I see two possibilities. It is making cubes so it's not a temperature issue. It could be that the water solenoid has a small leak and it's dripping into the tray, or something to do with the heater/ice release mechanism dropping the ice prematurely. I'd call Frigidaire for tech assistance.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #10

Left fla and returned to normal. Maybe too hot.