Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #21

I had the exact same issue 2 weeks ago on my 328. In my case the tank would not drain at all. I tried using the black tank flush to clear the blockage. When I did this air pressure built up in the tank and when I opened the flush valve water and air began rushing up through the toilet.

I had to have the tank pumped by a septic company. During the pumping there was a loud pop, presumably the blockage, and the tank was quickly drained after that.

I am convinced there was a blockage in the vent that was stopping the black tank from draining and causing the pressure build up.

It has only been 2 weeks but I have not had any further issues draining the black tank.

Whenever I hook top now I always use the black tank flush to partially fill the tank with water.

rkulbok
(Ron & Karin)
2015 Georgetown 328TS
Full time since October 2015
rkulbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:56 AM   #22

Wanted to follow up to this old post. We finally got this resolved. I convinced the dealer to do the steps necessary to reproduce this and they immediately agreed there was a problem. They had been wanting to snake the vent pipe and whatever else they could to avoid actually dropping the tank and having a look. But when they did they discovered what I had been suspecting and what AquaMan suggested: that the vent pipe was 10+ inches too far down into the tank. They cut off the excess pipe and everything has been working great since then. They claim they'd never seen anything like that before. At least it's fixed now, but we know this happens, so don't let a dealer tell you otherwise and try to get out of doing the work.
carmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:06 AM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmex View Post
Wanted to follow up to this old post. We finally got this resolved. I convinced the dealer to do the steps necessary to reproduce this and they immediately agreed there was a problem. They had been wanting to snake the vent pipe and whatever else they could to avoid actually dropping the tank and having a look. But when they did they discovered what I had been suspecting and what AquaMan suggested: that the vent pipe was 10+ inches too far down into the tank. They cut off the excess pipe and everything has been working great since then. They claim they'd never seen anything like that before. At least it's fixed now, but we know this happens, so don't let a dealer tell you otherwise and try to get out of doing the work.
Glad they got it fixed for you!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:17 AM   #24
Happy Camper

I have a 2016 328, does the sink the bathroom drain to the black tank like it did in my older Winne or to the grey tank?
Old 04-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #25

I can only speak for my 364, but the sinks drain into the grey tank.
carmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:43 AM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowSled View Post
I have a 2016 328, does the sink the bathroom drain to the black tank like it did in my older Winne or to the grey tank?
With your gray tank empty, open the valve and turn on your bathroom sink. If water comes out, it's on the gray tank. If not, it's on the black. My Sierra had a bathroom sink that was on a black tank.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:14 PM   #27
Happy Camper

I was hoping it would drain to the black tank like my old RV did, but I guess the FR brand does it this way.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
I was hoping it would drain to the black tank like my old RV did, but I guess the FR brand does it this way.
It still may, check it out as described.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:40 PM   #29
Happy Camper

ill check it tonight. We hit the road for Florida tomorrow on its maiden voyage. Tks!
Old 04-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
ill check it tonight. We hit the road for Florida tomorrow on its maiden voyage. Tks!
Have a safe trip!

Tags
black, black tank, tank