Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #1

364TS 2016 - Good to know items...

I see the 364TS is very popular...thought I would start a thread about things that are good to know that newer owners such as myself might not know....Perhaps sharing what you learned the hard way would help others (selfishly me) to better enjoy their time!

So with that....fire away...I have nothing to offer yet but ill start off with a question that I forgot to ask on the walk through...

Fresh water fill....screw hose on to tank and turn on...when its full will im assuming it just stops and that the pressure isn't great enough to cause any problems?
JLud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
toolman_57

1. Check the rear slider to make sure it's smooth
2. Know that the inverter will only power the refrigerator (unless they've made changes). If you have the 2000w (large fridge with door ice/water), you can add some outlets to your inverter power without too much work. We're able to watch tv without running the generator or connected to shore power--very handy.
3. Remember to push the tv cabinet closed (tight to the magnets) before rolling (I always forget this)
4. Make sure you hear a "click" when you lock your back shower door. If not, the latch will bounce out of the way and the door will be talking to you.
5. Get it weighed and adjust the tire pressure to match Michelin's recommendations. Mine was very hard to handle (and very bouncy on the highway) with 90 psi all around (I'm running 70 in the front and 80 in the back).
6. I was worried about carrying too much water so I only filled the tank half way prior to trips...don't do that anymore unless I'm driving from park to park. 50 gallons runs out fast with 4 people, 2 showers, 2 toilets, etc.
7. Folks mention getting your alignment checked right away--I didn't do this but I think I escaped the issue (tires look very even after 13,000 miles).
8. Check your drain elbows in the sinks--all three of mine were loose (leaking water loose). Also check the feed lines to the toilets to see if the water connection is tight. Better to this before you go on the road (don't ask how I know this).

There are probably more things to look for, but hopefully this will get you started. Welcome and enjoy!
toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #3

Awesome feedback already!

Regarding no 1 above....mine is not, it rises up when about halfway in...I read that this is a probe and many say it's normal. Is a real concern, if so why, and fix?

No 2...would love more info on outlets for TV to run while down the road. Hate to run generator just for that.

Have to look at rest more...

Thanks much!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:15 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

There is an overflow that will allow excess water to spill out onto ground. First time filling, I would take it slow and make sure the vent is working. Most outdoor faucets will do around 5 gallon (plus) a minute at full pressure, I time my fills.

I found some nifty little LED, light and motion sensored, lights to put in the storage compartments. The space behind the bedroom TV is completely wasted and makes a great storage area. Not sure why a similar setup as the kitchen TV wasn't used (Georgetown designers take note!). Also added a dual 12v outlet with 2 usb charging ports on the driver's side window ledge next to cup holder. Allows GPS and dash cam plug in along with phone charging. If bunk TVs don't work on antenna, it's because they have become unplugged. Both of mine were this way. The TVs raise off the mount, just push up. I installed the brushed nickel Oxygenics shower heads in both showers, even before I actually used the stock ones! They are THAT nice! I also have 2 Blue Streak chemical dispensers coming for the toilets. Had them on my 5er, won't do without them again! That's about all I have at the moment (or that I can remember, it IS 5 o'clock somewhere!).
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:20 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Toolman, how did you run the wire from the inverter to the TV? I briefly looked at it (it was cold out) and decided it would take more time than I had at the moment. This is something I'm definitely going to do, whether it's from the fridge inverter or if I add another.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:52 PM   #6

Oh almost forgot...33" tire covers the right size? Forgot to measure and wanted to order with shower heads...mines in storage
Old 03-03-2016, 10:34 PM   #7
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Toolman, how did you run the wire from the inverter to the TV? I briefly looked at it (it was cold out) and decided it would take more time than I had at the moment. This is something I'm definitely going to do, whether it's from the fridge inverter or if I add another.
My inverter feeds the outlet in the side of the sink cabinet as you come through the front door. Remove the plastic cover that hides the inverter. There's a switch box behind the inverter that automatically switches over to shore/gen power. The output of this box feeds a junction box where the refrigerator power cable is connected. I tapped in to this cable using the wire nuts in the switch box. Routed the power cable (3 wire indoor/outdoor) out of the compartment, along the frame and fed it through the hole in the battery compartment that goes.into the sink cabinet by the front door. Removed the outlet, pull the current wires from the outlet and capped off the wires with wire nuts and electrical tape and connected the wires from the inverter.

I added a battery backup power supply to the cabinet behind the TV to keep power going to the TiVo and dish receiver when I switch over. A power strip works too. When I'm on the road or boondocking I drop the power cable through the gap in the left of the TV door and plug it into the outlet. When I'm at the campground I plug back into the outlet behind the TV. Yes, there's a power cord hanging down when I'm driving, but to me it's better (definitely easier) than running it along the wall behind a channel (no visible permanent changes).

I posted pictures awhile ago but I'm not sure where.
toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:32 PM   #8

Tire Covers

I had the 32" for my 378XL, just swapped them out for the largest ones I could get (42"?). The one that "fit" still left a bit of tire showing and I wanted to protect the tires from the nasty UV Florida sun completely.
360true is offline   Reply With Quote