Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2020, 07:02 AM   #1

364TS slide and roof

Went and looked at the 364ts we were thinking about buying. Rv has only 7250 miles. In great shape only 2 concerns and hope you all can help me out.

The dinette and couch slide out. When extended the bottom side of outside has dents from the rollers. There looks to be a repair made but it was made with thin plastic which is also denting. The bottom area between the plastic strips the rollers ride on is a little wavy. Don't see any water damage I think it is just from the dents caused by the rollers. Is this common? How do you fix it. Is the underside of the slide out cover completely in plastic? It doesn't feel like fiberglass.

The other concern is the roof. It appears where the fiberglass wraps on the sides it starting to have some creases. To me it looks like a crappy design and the flexing of driving is causing the fiberglass to bend and it eventually folds. Is this a problem on these. What do you all do to fix it.

Other thing was when you hit bumps or the truck sways you here a slight banging noise. The owner stated that it was the helper spring. He said there isn't enough weight on the truck not cause he emptied everything so its not sitting on the helper spring and when it rocks its touching the spring. Any truth to that.

Thanks
Dan
Campingdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
NXR

The slide fix is called a "slide ski" which is a stainless steel plate screwed to the bottom of the slide for the rollers to run on. Because I knew about this issue, which is fairly common with all RV manufacturers, I watched closely for any signs of rippling on my 2020. When I saw some I wrote it up. Forest River authorized installation of the slide ski plates on all three slides under warranty. I'd guess they are about 1/8" thick.

You could buy them from Forest River but I imagine the shipping will be lot. The ones from FR will be cut to the correct size and have the countersunk holes for screwing them down. There's also an adhesive to help hold them in place in addition to the screws.

This company also makes them: Guardian Plates | TALIN Manufacturing

Or you could get them manufactured locally if you want.

I don't know anything about the roof issue or the banging.

Ray
Old 10-11-2020, 07:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
The slide fix is called a "slide ski" which is a stainless steel plate screwed to the bottom of the slide for the rollers to run on. Because I knew about this issue, which is fairly common with all RV manufacturers, I watched closely for any signs of rippling on my 2020. When I saw some I wrote it up. Forest River authorized installation of the slide ski plates on all three slides under warranty. I'd guess they are about 1/8" thick.

You could buy them from Forest River but I imagine the shipping will be lot. The ones from FR will be cut to the correct size and have the countersunk holes for screwing them down. There's also an adhesive to help hold them in place in addition to the screws.

This company also makes them: Guardian Plates | TALIN Manufacturing

Or you could get them manufactured locally if you want.

I don't know anything about the roof issue or the banging.

Ray

I had the same issue with my slide on my GT 364ts. It turned out to be the rubber seal was broken and water was leaking in. What broke the seal was the metal plate that holds the seal in place was damaged with sharp edges that cut the rubber. I took it to Gander and they want charge me $10,000 to fix it. They said they had to replace the entire floor. Went to Camping World and they fixed it by adding the metal plates under the rollers, replacing the metal plate and seal, and also fixing the roof where there there was a tear for half of what Gander was charging.

Kevin
Boricua_RVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof, slide