Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #1

378TS loss of signal to front TV

Just wondering if anyone's run into this. I lost cable signal to front TV ( bedroom TV is ok) .Situation occurred while staying at a campsite as opposed to occurring after traveling anywhere and setting up. Initially thought it was the set but after running a coaxial cable directly from the cable box to back of TV it looks like there's an issue with factory installed cable to going to it .Pulled out electric fireplace since cable comes up to the TV from behind it thinking the cable might have come loose from a cable splitter - no luck .
Anybody have similar problems and managed to fix?
Nomore9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #2

I've read on this forum that the splitter would be either in the right forward wheelwell or down behind the blank off panel in the copilot overhead compartment. Can't verify that because I have had no issues. Good luck.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #3

Thanks I'll have a look
Old 01-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #4

Got same problem. Working on it. Can't find the splitter that goes to front tv/back tv! Will post when I do.
RVINSMCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #5

Look forward to hearing how things went. FYI I called tech support at Forest River and was told it was behind blank off wall over top of passenger. I assumed it's were all the cables come out to cable box so I carefully opened front of narrow bulkhead above it - lots of cables but no sign of cable splitter that I could see or feel. Makes you wonder if electronics are wired without following any set schematic. Looks like this may turn out to be a game of hide and seek for anyone running into this.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #6

Take a look at this thread, it mentions the (a) splitter being "outside in the passenger side wheel well".

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-52967.html
Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #7

TV cable routing

I have a 2008 378TS and posted the routing question recently. I'm going to jump into the middle of this one. I had a loss of antenna signal to front TV and had to look for the splitter. Here's what I discovered.
1. The white booster switch has the cable connection attached. There is the cable input in the center position and the outputs to the TVs on either side. This is a powered connection and possibly the power cable has come loose.
2. The splitter is waaaay back in the cupboard over the passenger seat. I found it by holding as many cables as I could and gently bounced them up and down until I heard a large metal thumping sound. This turned out to be the splitter. There is a lot of cable there so keep pulling gently.
3. There is a piece of orange coax cable up there not connected to anything. May be the connection for satellite.
4. The cable to connect the TV antenna to the front TV runs down the right side of the windshield and connects to another piece of cable on the passenger side of the frame near the radiator. This again joins to another piece of coax that is accessible under the right wheel well. This then goes to the second bin just before the propane tank and is again joined. The cable then runs up the bin to the tube under the slide and then on under the fireplace. This is again joined behind the TV. Each of these joins is a possible source of lost transmission.
Hope this helps....Good Luck
CVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #8

Wow... looks like I will be getting a ferret to find that splitter! Can't believe they (fr) put them wherever. Still looking... thanks..
Old 01-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #9

I have a 2014 378 and my picture got snowy I found cable coupling loose below the fire place slide right before it goes into the PVC that they have it running through
kgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #10

kgreen thanks for info. Will look in the morning. Did you see a splitter anywhere under there or just the coupling... thanks again.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #11

Mine just had a coupling I had to take the wall cover off in that compartment to get to it not bad only about 3 screws on the plastic cover only reason I saw it was I ran a hdmi cable from tv to front compartment which was kind of a hard job for me but anyway when the picture went bad I tightened it and picture came back
Old 01-10-2014, 10:03 PM   #12

They usually don't do a good job tightening those connections or they just come loose I have tightened every connection that I have found and they were not very tight it was the same way in the fifth wheel I had before MH
Old 01-10-2014, 10:09 PM   #13

kgreen thanks. I also put hdmi cable on the fp TV and the outside tv. The fp tv was a bear.Had to pull on left side of TV to do it. Didn't feel like taking all those screws out thanks again. Oh yea if you take that little panel offthe side of fp there Iis a splitter there that feeds the fp TV and outside tv.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #14

Rvinsmcm thanks & good luck
Old 02-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #15

Sorry it's been a while since I had a look at my initial post after I couldn't find splitter over passenger cabinet. I'd resigned that I'd have to turn it over to a repair shop. But today I happened to be rummaging around the 2nd storage compartment on passenger side and low and behold noticed as KGREEN pointed out the cable to front TV had come loose from cable coupling. After tightening up connection I was back in business - will take off back cover tomorrow and see if splitter to back TV might be close by
Old 02-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #16

finally got out to rv today. looked for coupling where kgreen suggested. found it and tightened it.. followed that coax going toward the engine compartment and foud another coupling for the coax on the outboard side of battery! its taped up with electrical tape. will check that connection in the morn. still looking for the splitter that goes to bedroom tv. thanks to everyone working on this...
Old 02-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #17

Has anyone found the splitter for the rear tv yet?
Old 02-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #18

Hey kgreen. Finally some good weather. Will be looking for it today.will be starting from back to front. Will let ya know if I find it
Old 02-22-2014, 08:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVINSMCM View Post
Hey kgreen. Finally some good weather. Will be looking for it today.will be starting from back to front. Will let ya know if I find it

Good deal hope you can thanks
Old 02-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #20

Gave up. searched all under rv and no luck. if anyone finds it do let us know! short of taking off panel by antenna booster i have no idea. good luck. seems like no two gt378's are built alike!

Tags
378ts