Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #1

A Little Shady Advice

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5079.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	171998
So were are driving down the road and a shade over the dining banquette falls out. I ordered new brackets and they arrive tomorrow. How the heck do you re-install the brackets and shade? Do you take down the hard valance and put it all back up as one piece. A little shady advice would be appreciated .
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #2
WhoDoMan

The brackets I received came apart. Mount part to the wall and the other to the shade. They should then just slide together on the wall
whoDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoDoMan View Post
The brackets I received came apart. Mount part to the wall and the other to the shade. They should then just slide together on the wall

Actually it’s a one piece that pivots in the center. And it mounts to the top of the hard valance. So there are screws going from the top of the hard valance into the cabinet above and I assume from the brackets into the cabinets above. The one thing the vendor said was there should have been three brackets and we only had two brackets installed. It’s pretty tight quarters, I’m 6’-8” tall I have to bend around like a pretzel to even see up in there let alone get power tools up there. I think it’s pretty crazy
Old 05-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #4

I have had to do this twice.. Went from factory two brackets to three and now added a forth.. I am getting good at it.. Take valance off in one piece.. Should be two screws thru the top and two thru a L bracket on each lower corner.. Make sure you have a long shank square tip for screws when you reinstall.. Use strait edge to mark new brackets and dont use any longer screw that what you already had in the other brackets.. Drill new holes and make sure drill is no longer than screw and hole is a little smaller than screw shank.. Install brackets and push in on clip as you install blind in each bracket.. It helps to have two folks on the long blinds.. Then reinstall valance by putting screw on tip first and snaking it past the blind

Have fun
Old 05-17-2018, 01:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
I have had to do this twice.. Went from factory two brackets to three and now added a forth.. I am getting good at it.. Take valance off in one piece.. Should be two screws thru the top and two thru a L bracket on each lower corner.. Make sure you have a long shank square tip for screws when you reinstall.. Use strait edge to mark new brackets and dont use any longer screw that what you already had in the other brackets.. Drill new holes and make sure drill is no longer than screw and hole is a little smaller than screw shank.. Install brackets and push in on clip as you install blind in each bracket.. It helps to have two folks on the long blinds.. Then reinstall valance by putting screw on tip first and snaking it past the blind

Have fun

Wow, great information. Thank You.