Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2016, 09:38 AM   #1

Access/Location Water Line for Icemaker for Residential

Georgetown 351DS with a residential refrigerator. I have looked everywhere for the water feed line to my fridge so that I can drain the line for winterization, short of removing the refrigerator which of course, I would prefer not to do. Does anyone know where I can access the tube or connection so I can drain the line to the ice maker? Thanks!
Harley Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:41 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Dave View Post
Georgetown 351DS with a residential refrigerator. I have looked everywhere for the water feed line to my fridge so that I can drain the line for winterization, short of removing the refrigerator which of course, I would prefer not to do. Does anyone know where I can access the tube or connection so I can drain the line to the ice maker? Thanks!

Is the line with the elbow for the fridge and if so, how can it be drained after removal from the elbow?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Line to Fridge Picture 4.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	125404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Line to Fridge Picture 3.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	125405  
Old 11-19-2016, 10:36 AM   #3
RJJ

I posted on another thread, but that doesn't look like fridge water line valve. The water line valve you are looking for should be a push/pull valve. Mine is white and has small clear tubing going from it to the fridge. On my 329 I had to pull a pantry drawer completely out. My valve was along the back wall and very difficult to reach. Some have had to access there's through the basement compartment under the fridge behind an access panel. Good luck.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:03 AM   #4

The picture you are showing is your black tank cleanout plumbing. The black object is the backflow/vacuum breaker. That "elbow line" goes to your black tank.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:17 PM   #5

winterize resd. frig.

Hook up gallon rv antifreeze to outside line turn your pump on
run the water on frig. this will drain all water out of line and run pink through out the unit and into ice maker as well. I have 335ds. works great just make sure pink runs for a bit
efgsr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:44 PM   #6

I have a 377TS and mine is in the bay directly below the fridge. I have seen references to it also being under the sink if your refrigerator is on that side of your RV. The other place I've heard it being is in the cabinet to the side of the fridge.
Craiginok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:13 AM   #7

I recently experience the same issue with the ice maker water line and luckily found some good information on the internet.

If you take the face off the ice maker there are two small holes with the letters "L" and "V". If you use a jumper wire to jump across those two holes, it activates the water solenoid and will pump antifreeze into the ice maker and therefore winteriZing the water line and solenoid.
wtblakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
The picture you are showing is your black tank cleanout plumbing. The black object is the backflow/vacuum breaker. That "elbow line" goes to your black tank.

I noticed when I took if off and blew through it, it would only allow so much pressure before it would shut down. Apparently, there to allow air to escape from somewhere, but not too high a velocity. Curious what this line would be under the sink? Why would a black line come into the cabinet under the since the only drain that dumps into the black tank is the toilet, which is located far from the kitchen sink.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgsr47 View Post
Hook up gallon rv antifreeze to outside line turn your pump on
run the water on frig. this will drain all water out of line and run pink through out the unit and into ice maker as well. I have 335ds. works great just make sure pink runs for a bit
A dealer told me the following:
1. When blowing out lines with air, when pressurized, run door water until no water present.
2. Run fridge ice make for 24 hours to make sure all air is clear
3. Remove water filter
3. Pull up pop up valve & disconnect line. This should do it without putting antifreeze in the line and into the ice maker.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:33 PM   #10

I choose to use antifreeze, but pressurized air will accomplish the same thing. Waiting 24 hrs for the ice maker to cycle a few should work. My method just speeds thing along. You can have this portion of your winterizing finished in seconds as apposed to hours. Try it, you'll see how easy it is
wtblakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ View Post
I posted on another thread, but that doesn't look like fridge water line valve. The water line valve you are looking for should be a push/pull valve. Mine is white and has small clear tubing going from it to the fridge. On my 329 I had to pull a pantry drawer completely out. My valve was along the back wall and very difficult to reach. Some have had to access there's through the basement compartment under the fridge behind an access panel. Good luck.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
Well, I found the push/pull valve. Mine wasn't under the sink. It was behind the cabinet next to the sink cabinet. It apparently dropped down a bit and out of site behind back of cabinet. After blowing out lines in fridge (Water & Ice maker), I pulled it up and disconnected the line from the valve just to make sure. Thanks for all your help. I have never purchased anything with as little service information as with Forest River. Even calling service reps, dealers, I get different information. When I call FR, when I finally get through, they always make me feel like I am bothering them and usually never get the info I need at the time I need it. I am still waiting on a call back from last week. I have purchased boats, bikes and all sorts of man toys, but never has so little information about the product I purchased than with Forest River, very frustrated. Since FR doesn't do a very good job at providing step by step instructions including pictures and those little details that are very important, for winterizing a Georgetown 351DS, I am going to document all the steps I took and share it in this forum. Thanks to you and everyone else that posted, this forum has been very helpful. Peace
Old 11-21-2016, 10:34 AM   #12
RJJ

Harley Dave, glad you found it. Mine is so inconvenient, I may one day extend the line and place the shut off where I can easily reach it. Until then, if I need to winterize, I'll just run rv antifreeze through the fridge.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ View Post
Harley Dave, glad you found it. Mine is so inconvenient, I may one day extend the line and place the shut off where I can easily reach it. Until then, if I need to winterize, I'll just run rv antifreeze through the fridge.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
Yea, I just didn't want to run antifreeze through the ice maker, takes forever to get rid of the residue. I have pages of handwritten notes that I am going to sit down and type up and include pictures, maybe help someone else out. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2016, 03:08 PM   #14
Casper

I have a 328 TS and mine is located behind the lower cabinet drawer looking to the right of the frig.
williamsgw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, water