Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2022, 06:48 PM   #1

Awning, steps and radio

We have a 2017 Georgetown 364ts, recently purchased 3 months ago so we're definitely still newbies. Suddenly, the awning won't retract, either will steps and the radio just above the door stopped working. As the controls for all these are relatively in the same area we thought okay fuse or breaker, right? Have checked all fuses and breakers that we can think of. Any suggestions?
AlKatRVlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:53 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKatRVlife View Post
We have a 2017 Georgetown 364ts, recently purchased 3 months ago so we're definitely still newbies. Suddenly, the awning won't retract, either will steps and the radio just above the door stopped working. As the controls for all these are relatively in the same area we thought okay fuse or breaker, right? Have checked all fuses and breakers that we can think of. Any suggestions?
On my past 2010 Georgetown, the awning and steps were powered and fused directly from the house batteries under the entry steps, not at the fuse panel for the other things in the house. Maybe they powered your radio there too?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:57 PM   #3

Hubs is headed out to check those fuses out a little better. He did earlier but is double-checking...
Old 09-21-2022, 07:05 PM   #4

kenandterry are correct and this, I think would be your GT BCC
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BCC Standard Georgetown 2017.pdf (512.4 KB, 39 views)
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 07:15 PM   #5

Hubs did check them all at that location and they're all good.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:54 PM   #6

Have you checked your house batteries?
Old 09-21-2022, 09:37 PM   #7

This wouldn't affect the radio/awning but if you have the step switch ON set it to OFF. Switch ON keeps the steps out. The ignition switch ON with door closed will override this also.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:37 PM   #8

We're at 12.5... {{sigh}}
Old 09-21-2022, 09:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
This wouldn't affect the radio/awning but if you have the step switch ON set it to OFF.
Did that
Old 09-21-2022, 10:17 PM   #10
Site Team

Moved thread to the Georgetown sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:38 AM   #11

Well, seems only thing left is the grounds. The steps door jamb magnetic switch supplies a ground to the step controller when the door is closed. The awning switch uses ground also. Don't know about radio. Assuming the lights are working that would rule out the battery termination to chassis ground where those grounds are coming from. Hmmmm.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:47 AM   #12
Kanadian Kamper

So…..we’re all into believing that all the other 12 volt accessories are working fine….ceiling fans, factory ceiling lights, TV antenna amplifier, service monitor panel etc. You didn’t make any modifications to the rig.

ONLY the steps, radio and awning are not working. Correct?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:35 PM   #13

Lightbulb

So....I (wifey) fixed it! Son-in-law came over, climbed the ladder, fiddled and messed with the awning, cleaned it, maneuvered this and that... nothing. As I was standing there hoping he would stay on that ladder safely and not make my daughter a widow, I pushed the switch again and noticed it felt very mushy, no clicking or engaging of any kind. I suggested maybe there was something wrong with the switch. WELL, lo and behold, they took the switch panel cover off and it was disconnected from the connector! Boom! ALL issues fixed!!! Yeehaw... sometimes it's the simple things (like spending 2 hours trying to fix a computer issue when all you needed to do was reboot...) {Insert bow here}

Thanks for the ideas, y'all!
Old 09-22-2022, 09:36 PM   #14

Thumbs up

Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together?

Congrats on finding the solution! You are now an official member of the Golden Screwdriver Society.

CAMPING (n. CAM-ping) - When you walk the dog in your pajamas with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of dog poop in the other while striking up a conversation with total strangers.
PopFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 06:19 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKatRVlife View Post
So....I (wifey) fixed it! Son-in-law came over, climbed the ladder, fiddled and messed with the awning, cleaned it, maneuvered this and that... nothing. As I was standing there hoping he would stay on that ladder safely and not make my daughter a widow, I pushed the switch again and noticed it felt very mushy, no clicking or engaging of any kind. I suggested maybe there was something wrong with the switch. WELL, lo and behold, they took the switch panel cover off and it was disconnected from the connector! Boom! ALL issues fixed!!! Yeehaw... sometimes it's the simple things (like spending 2 hours trying to fix a computer issue when all you needed to do was reboot...) {Insert bow here}

Thanks for the ideas, y'all!
So, you're saying the switch panel at the entrance has a harness with a common connector for the switches that mates with a connector from the coach side?

Tags
awning, radio, steps