Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2019, 08:20 PM   #1

Backup Camera

Until this trip whenever we started the motorhome the camera always had a rear facing view left side with left signal and right side with right signal. All of a sudden it is all messed up and wants to show a turn camera when going straight and if you manually change it to the real facing it won’t auto switch at all. Thoughts and ideas? I have been unable to find a fix in the menu and DH is getting frustrated.
RVCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:30 AM   #2

If it's not a system issue most faults can be traced to a bulb issue. Verify that when you trigger a left and/or right turn that the respective bulbs are flashing. Running lights may also cause issues if not illuminated.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 03:59 AM   #3

Yep. Probably a dead or loose bulb somewhere.
2018 Chevy Spark
Formerly - 2007 Itasca Navion (Sold and gone)
Mr. October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:53 AM   #4

Appears all the lights on the motorhome are working could it be caused by the towed vehicle?
RVCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:11 PM   #5
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCrazy View Post
Until this trip whenever we started the motorhome the camera always had a rear facing view left side with left signal and right side with right signal. All of a sudden it is all messed up and wants to show a turn camera when going straight and if you manually change it to the real facing it won’t auto switch at all. Thoughts and ideas? I have been unable to find a fix in the menu and DH is getting frustrated.
Like others have said......CAREFULLY CHECK ALL OUTSIDE LIGHTS.

My cameras sometimes act up if you’re running your full lighting system, and it took awhile to verify that one of the filaments was burnt out. I found a side marker light had a loose connection and affected the cameras too. It’s a crazy system.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCrazy View Post
Have you been able to resolve this issue yet?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote