Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #1

Backup Camera Fogs up

Has anyone else had trouble with their backup camera lense fogging up or getting coated with water when driving in the rain? And if so, has anyone had any luck with a fix to stop this?

Thanks
Rongrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:01 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongrice View Post
Has anyone else had trouble with their backup camera lense fogging up or getting coated with water when driving in the rain? And if so, has anyone had any luck with a fix to stop this?

Thanks
Is it fogging up on the inside of the lense or just on the out side? Most camera's have a protective clear over the camera lense, some of these lenses can be removed for cleaning. If you have one of these protective lenses on your camera two things may be happing 1. The lense may become loose and has back of to allow mosture to get in between the protective lense and the camera lense 2. If the protective lense is not removable then it may have a bad seal around it. You can check with the manufacture.

If it is fogging up on the out side, this sometimes happens, if the camera lense is warmer then the rain you can get condensate build-up on the out part of the lense, once they both become the same temp the fog should go away.

This happens sometimes with the side mirrows on my truck when i park it in the garage and then pull it out when it is cool and damp.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
Infractee

You may want to try Rain-X, they have a great no-fog product, works as well as their rain repellant does. I use it on the inside of my windshield and on my mirrors. They do not fog up at all.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #4

Thanks for your reply, I will try the rainx and make sure my lense cover isn't cracked or loose.

Ron
Rongrice is offline   Reply With Quote