Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2014, 02:27 AM   #1

Backup/Reverse Camera Not Work

Hi All,

I have a new 2015 351DS and went on a trip this weekend. All of the sudden, I noticed my reverse/backup camera doesn't work anymore. It was fine when I started the trip.

The screen says "No Signal". The left and right cameras still work when you use the turn signals.

Could a wire be loose or is the camera itself dead? Does anyone have any clue what I should check for?

Thanks.
Sith
sithc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:47 AM   #2

I am not trying to be a smartness but the cam is still on the mh?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
rwehba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:04 AM   #3

I've had the same issue before but usually I can toggle the video input and the screen returns. If you have a video button (mine is labeled V1/V2), you might try pushing it a few times and waiting on each input to see if it will come in. This has always worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
familycamper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:22 AM   #4

If your not getting signal then either the power or RCA cable is disconnected somewhere.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #5

rwehba, yes the camera is still back there. :-)
I've tried the video input (v1/v2) buttons to cycle through the left, right, rear cameras.
Left & right work, but when I get to the rear camera (aux3) the screen is blue with the words "No Signal" on it.
Where can I find the RCa or power to the camera?
Old 07-22-2014, 12:19 PM   #6

Should be in a bundle behind monitor. Might be as simple as a RCA plug wasn't plugged in properly from factory and came loose. Or the fuse could be blown in line power cable. If not that will need to have dealer check out.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #7

We had a lot of problems with ours, if it wasn't one thing.. After the FIX... It was another! After 3 changes it's finally working correctly .

Lorigirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #8

Behind the monitor, when you unscrew and pull out the dark console cover that holds the monitor and switches, there is a small black box with the 3 camera cables plugged into it. It is marked left, rear, and right. Your rear may have become unplugged - mine did, and after I plugged it back up, I siliconed all 3 in place.
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #9

Thanks Sbryant, I'll try to take a look when I get the chance.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:30 AM   #10
2013 GEORGETOWN 351 DS

Backup/Reverse Camera Not Work

Try the easy fix first, turn it off and then back on. This seems to always work for my unit
2017 Honda Civic
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #11

Well I unscrew the black console panel and checked all the camera cables and all seems to be still hooked up and tight.

I'm guessing the camera itself is not getting power. Is there a fuse for it somewhere? Perhaps an inline fuse choose to the camera wiring?

And no, turning it on and off does nothing....
Old 07-28-2014, 03:21 PM   #12

Should be an in line fuse. Also possible that the ground could have come loose. Have you checked wiring at the camera? Got power there? Not sure where they ran power to the camera from. Can come from any 12volt source. They are probably live anytime ignition key is on.
Sounds like Dealer Time!

Old 07-28-2014, 03:43 PM   #13

Mine has done this since day one....if you look on the front of the unit (lower left I think) there is a small hole, stick a pin in there to reset the unit to default. If its like mine, that will make it work for a while until it happens again...very frustrating. I have looked at all the wires, never found it, I just accept it is going to go in and out, and its only the rear, either side always works fine. good luck.
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #14

gmcnitt, the reset hole... are you referring to the the camera itself or the monitor head unit?
Old 07-28-2014, 06:29 PM   #15

the monitor head unit.....mine is all in one, camera, radio, satellite....yours may be different as its newer, the way I found the reset on mine was got the model and make of the unit, and searched for factory reset on google...
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:15 PM   #16

The plugs are known to get loose on the back of the monitor. Check them first, mine worked intermittent till I pushed them in securely.
370xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #17

370xl, I did open up the cover panel and checked all three camera plugs and they were fine. I even loosen and replugged the review plug and nothing. I think its more of plugs on the camera end in the back that is the issue.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:13 AM   #18

I've also have camera issues. 2015 350XL. The backup camera went out first then the right signal camera went out. Now only have the left signal camera working. My coach is only a month old. Good thing I like mirrors. I think the entire radio head set is the issue. Our satellite. DVD player wen tuner only work part time as well. The dealer has ordered a new head for us to swap the next time were in the area.

Thanks,
Joe
2015 Georgetown 350XL
Ontario, Canada
tetonpizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #19

Not to beat a dead horse. Appearantly not is my rear view camera not working, now the entire monitor is not working (not turning on, no power light indicator). Its now powering on period.....so can't use the left and right cameras that come on with the turn signals.

I know its time for the dealer but I'm waiting for my summer trips to be over before I take it in.

I've checked for the fuses, and its still good. the 3amp/250v glass fuse is still good. Anything else I should be checking for?

There is however another 2amp blade fuse thats connected to 2 green wires. I found that it was blown. I replaced it and it blew almost immediately. I upped it to a 3am and a 4amp and both blew out too.

Does anyone know what this 2am blade fuse type is for? Its under and behind the dash, closer to the driver side. Easily accessible if you look from underneath.

Thanks,
Sith
Old 02-16-2015, 09:56 PM   #20

There is also a fuse under the hood in the fuse box. Not just the one under the dash. That solved our issue.

MzZorro is offline   Reply With Quote