Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2023, 12:14 AM   #1

Basement door alignment

I know I should know this, but… can the basement doors be aligned? My slam latch doors look like they are unaligned. It’s a 22 36d7 new to me and I honestly can’t tell if they’ve moved or not. Maybe just freaking out for nothing but kinda freaking out. Main one would be the water heater panel on the back passenger side.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Matt
MDow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 06:57 AM   #2

MDow we have a 2022 36K7 and my same panel has moved called FR they said there is a screw that can be redrilled on the L bracket. I looked in the inspection hole where the bypass valve is I could move the water heater. Went to the dealer for them to fix they removed the screw pushed the panel in put the screw back in, is it right I don't know you would think that the water heater would be security in place? Will see what will happen we leave in May and will return home in November.
2022 Georgetown 36K7
Teeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 09:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDow View Post
I know I should know this, but… can the basement doors be aligned? My slam latch doors look like they are unaligned. It’s a 22 36d7 new to me and I honestly can’t tell if they’ve moved or not. Maybe just freaking out for nothing but kinda freaking out. Main one would be the water heater panel on the back passenger side.
Thanks in advance for any help,Matt
All the slam latch doors can be aligned. Open them up and look at the hinge points where alignment adjustments will be apparent.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 09:55 AM   #4

Awesome Thank you. I was hoping it would be straight forward. When I can't sit and play with it (stored offsite) my mind just goes to the worst case.

Thanks again
MDow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 10:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDow View Post
Awesome Thank you. I was hoping it would be straight forward. When I can't sit and play with it (stored offsite) my mind just goes to the worst case.

Thanks again
Haha! Man, I know that feeling!
Mooney 78865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 07:00 PM   #6
NXR

We had some basement doors that were scraping on the bottom of the frame and the dealer fixed them. I asked how and they were reluctant to tell me but then they did.

They simply take a rubber mallet and tap on the bottom of the door until it no longer drags.

Ray
Old 02-02-2023, 12:20 AM   #7

On your model

The water heater door is not a slam latch door and is held in place by screws. I have the same coach as you.

Jimbo

Your last panel next to water heater panel is pushed in an inch or more to attach to l-frame bracket and gives the illusion the water heater panel is sticking out.
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment