Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #1

BATTERY charge LIFE

i have returned home about 10 days ago and did not plug the coach in
my question is how long will it take for the battery to go down to where it wont operate the step ,tech at dealer (saturday service guy) said about 12 hours ,i know thats incorrect because we have wally world boondocked for that long with furnace ,lights and radio running.
since i want add a small inverter to run tv while boondocking do i need to consider more battery capacity (12-15 hours worth)
the generator is just to loud
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #2

Brian, It seems that I remember a loss of voltage somewhere around 5% a week without charging. As far as having the amperage to run a TV, figure the amps used by the TV per hour. If you have a capacity of 90 amp hours on your fully charged battery, you'd be empty in 30 hours...90 diveded by 3....which you NEVER want to do. If you are considering a converter do a little interweb Googling on the pros and cons of inverter use, size and types. "Pure Sine" for electrical components recomended.

Start by reading this: Deep Cycle Battery FAQ of

Tags
battery