Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2020, 10:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNJ View Post
So does that mean 1 hour would consume 30 amp hours from the the batts? And is the capacity of two batts 85 ah or 170 ah (75 x2)?
Yes.

And two 85 ah batteries in parallel havy 170 ah. However, if wanting max life only 85 an should be used before recharging.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 12:47 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Yes.

And two 85 ah batteries in parallel havy 170 ah. However, if wanting max life only 85 an should be used before recharging.

Well, that’s just what plain depressing. That means a max of just under 3 hours run time. If it runs 25% of the time I guess that gets you almost 12 hours. I guess I’m gonna have to listen to my fridge more.
EricNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:06 AM   #23

Quote:
So does that mean 1 hour would consume 30 amp hours from the the batts? And is the capacity of two batts 85 ah or 170 ah (75 x2)?
That is the way I understand it. 1 hour of solid use would be 30 amp hrs. Of course the fridge runs about 15 to 20 minutes an hour on average. My fridge has a DC linear compressor which means it runs at a slower cycle (speed) so when running it will use less than full power.
My batteries are, if memory serves me right, 120 amp hrs per battery. They are connected in parallel for a total of 240 amp hrs of power. Any flooded battery should not be drained to less than 60% of capacity or damage may occur. Example, 240 amp hrs times 40% of available power only gives you 96amps of usable power.
On my Xantrex inverter the manual says the display on the front will show 2 figures, first is the input volts and the second is the wattage being used by the connected devices. That is useful information.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Well, that’s just what plain depressing. That means a max of just under 3 hours run time. If it runs 25% of the time I guess that gets you almost 12 hours. I guess I’m gonna have to listen to my fridge more.
If only needing to run refrigerator on battery only for an overnight, some somewhat reassuring thoughts.

Unless you make midnight runs to the refer the door is staying closed all night. Less need for it to run to maintain cool.

If your refrigerator is filled close to capacity, even if you just add a gallon bottle of drinking water or two as food is consumed, and cooled when hooked to shore power, the thermal inertia will keep the interior cooler for longer periods before the compressor needs to run.

If the batteries are fully charged before your stop for the night you'll get that overnight cooling. Might be a good idea to add something like the Renogy DC-DC charger so your batteries will charge fully from the tow vehicle or coach alternator.

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Batter.../dp/B07Q5VYPCF

These are a must for Lithium installations but are great for Lead Acid battery charging as well.

At $128 they're about the same cost as another battery but without the weight. They will run on existing wiring from 7-wire umbilical cord but to get the max output a larger wire (pair) from battery to charger is required.

They also make a 40 amp model which would REQUIRE a separate wire pair.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, replacement