Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2016, 05:29 AM   #1

Bedroom & outside tv issue

I have a 2016 forest river George Town 360 xl black diamond . I am trying to dismount the bedroom tv so I can hook up an hdmi cord to it. I can't figure out how they mounted it. It doesn't look like a normal flat screen bracket.. also I have the same problem with the outside tv. No way to access the back. I already tried access through the cabinet under the sink but that didn't work. Any ideas or information would help. Bedroom tv is a seike and outside tv is a furioun.Thanks.
Renagade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:38 AM   #2

Lift straight up on the outside tv. Not sure about bedroom but could be same.
Gohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:08 AM   #3

I tried but no luck. I put a lot of pressure lifting up but no movement. Does anyone have a pic of the backside bracket or tv or actual inside of cabinet support?
Renagade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:12 AM   #4

look behind both sides, mine is tight but it has two screws that hold the tv bracket to the wall bracket. I have a long Phillips screwdriver that will take out the screws then the tv and tv bracket slide off.
'01 Exiss 300MT Weekender

A wife and two dogs, isn't that enough?
rclogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 10:20 AM   #5

To see the backside of the outside TV, open the doors under the kitchen counter and you see some of the back of the TV - you can see how it is attached. I have a '14 GT 360 XL and was able to raise the outside TV by raising it hard straight up

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:51 PM   #6

My outside tv comes off just by lifting, in the bedroom i noticed there is a panel in the left closet which may give acces to the rear tv.
Threex18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:01 PM   #7
Steelhorzz

Bedroom tv

We have a 2012 360xl. We don't have the outside tv, but the one in the bedroom has access to the rear through a removable panel in the closet. I think I saw mounting screws / bracket there when I was routing new cables for the Sat. Receiver.
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:09 PM   #8

I have a 280DS and my "access" is the same as Steelhorzz says with access through the removable side panels in the closet. I just replaced the cables to it a few months ago and it is a royal pain...
What they did in mine is take a standard piece of plywood and then mount the TV to that ...Then they held the TV up in place and from the REAR through the closet...drove woodscrews into the plywood....first passing through the cabinetry. It took my long arms and a power scewdriver to back out the woodscrews.....and my wife to "catch" the TV.
Went to walmart & got a real, removable TV mount....mounted the TV and it onto the plywood (Because the cheap TV didn't have standard VESA mounting holes)....and then drove woodscrews from the rear again....but this time I can get the TV off the mount. Measure care to insure proper clearances if you install a real mount too. FR cheaped out on a proper mount and we pay the price to hook anything up.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #9

My Brookstone tv in bedroom proved to be a problem like that. Several calls to Coachman and found someone who told me that the two pulldown strings probably were missing. The bracket had two clasps, somewhat like a gate latch. Took awhile of fishing up behind the set to release tme both, and they don't move much. Finally, the bottom pulled out giving access. Added some strings with ring on end for the future. They were about six inches in on each side. Removal was easy after finding the catches. They pull down.
Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:22 AM   #10
JBP

Rear TV can you put a swing out mount in? If so it would really improve things. I going remove mine and see what I can come up with.
Blue ox and Brake buddy
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo