Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2016, 03:15 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Bedroom slide Georgetown 378 will not come in

On our way back from FL this spring after being on a site for a week the bedroom slide would not come in. I called Lippert and talked to a tec. he told me that it would be the switch or the solenoid. I took the switch of the wall and wiggled the wires and the slide came in. I moved it in and out a number of time and it worked just fine. I then put some electric corrosion protection on the electrical connections on the switch. It worked many more times before we got home on Monday now on Friday we went out the the storage yard to get something from the bedroom closet so we had to put out the slide. It went out fine but it didn't want to come in. I then tried the other slides and they were fine. I did get the bedroom slide in by playing with the switches. It would only move an inch or two at a time. Any ideas?
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:52 PM   #2

Falcon35

Last year I had the same issue with one of my switches.
While in Goshen at the rally they replaced and have not had any issues at all.
These are cheap switches and now you know they can be trouble.

You can buy them. Here is some information.

Here is a note from another GT owner who replaced them.
Our kitchen slide switch recently broke and I went thru the following steps to fix it. The 15a fuse in the box under the steps, behind the house batteries on the wall was blowing each time I changed it. I removed the panel on the wall that houses all the switches, and every other indicator. T then removed the black wire from terminal 3, which is the power wire. The short went away, and the fuse no longer blew, allowing the other 3 slides to operate. While the panel was off, I took a picture of the side of the switch, which is where the part number and manufacture data is, and the wire configuration for when I get s new switch and how the wires go back on.
The switch is manufactured by Sigma Corp, and distributed to wholesale/retail outlets only. The part number is 201S-15.
Sigma uses Bernsteins Inc to sell their switches. 1-574-848-1118, ask for Lynn.
This young lady was awesome. The switch was $5.95, she charged me $10.00 shipping, so I bought 2, same shipping charge. I received the switch, changed it out.
Ops check was good. My logic was even if it didn't fix the slide, the switch was one less component the tech would have to look at, order and charge for
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch_for_Slide_201S-15.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	105064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch_for_Slide_201S-15_Part2.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	105065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	105066  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:55 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Thanks Iggy, I should have registered for the Frog rally that is certainly a good place to have that kind of thing fixed.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, georgetown, roo, slide