Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2013, 08:49 AM   #1

Broken bracket on rear sway bar

I noticed my 2012 Georgetown 327 DS (F53 Ford Chassis) has a broken passenger side rear sway bar bracket. From what I've read, this is all too common. Question is, the nearest dealer is about 50 miles from me, can I drive it that far safely?
tjvpga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvpga View Post
I noticed my 2012 Georgetown 327 DS (F53 Ford Chassis) has a broken passenger side rear sway bar bracket. From what I've read, this is all too common. Question is, the nearest dealer is about 50 miles from me, can I drive it that far safely?
Yes it has happened to me. Passengers side rear. Ford replaced the bracket and bolts etc.
Even though your have a 2012 the Chassis is probably a 2011. My 2012 mh was built Oct 2011. There is a TSB from Ford about this problem.
If you take it to Ford they will keep it until the parts come in.

Here is the link to the message are with TSB from Ford
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tsb-28238.html
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvpga View Post
You've probably driven it farther than that with it broken and didn't even know it. Now, you can drive accordingly knowing you need to be watchful.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #4

When I had my first go around with Ford over my broken brackets, it was on a Saturday, and the person I spoke with claimed no knowledge of the problem but would have a Tech call me. The Tech called and stated that he had not heard of the issue but I could drive with out the stabilizer, I told him I could drive without brakes too but be damned if I would. A week later, a tech bulletin came out addressing the problem, mine have since be completely replaced by Ford and doing well.