Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #161

While checking a small hydraulic leak, I discovered that my orange hoses were severely bulging and on the verge of total failure. I immediately made an appointment with my dealer and sent an email to Mr. Armstrong. I received this reply almost immediately:

Please send all Georgetown Concerns to Steve Stombaugh sstombaugh@forestriverinc.com 574-206-7611. I have been transferred.

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #162

Sorry to hear that. Let us know how it goes.
lochsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #163

After having my hoses replaced over a year ago, during an inspection, I discovered two more lines blistered. I don't know if these were replaced or not. April at FR said to take it to the dealer for inspection and then have them call her. Sounds like they will cover it under warranty. We will see.

Happy trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashonthedash View Post
While checking a small hydraulic leak, I discovered that my orange hoses were severely bulging and on the verge of total failure. I immediately made an appointment with my dealer and sent an email to Mr. Armstrong. I received this reply almost immediately:

Please send all Georgetown Concerns to Steve Stombaugh sstombaugh@forestriverinc.com 574-206-7611. I have been transferred.

Just when I thought we had all the leaks found. Sorry to hear about it.
Also you can Call LCI 1-866-524-7821 and they should be able to find out what was sent by them by using your MH Vin#

Keep us posted.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
After having my hoses replaced over a year ago, during an inspection, I discovered two more lines blistered. I don't know if these were replaced or not. April at FR said to take it to the dealer for inspection and then have them call her. Sounds like they will cover it under warranty. We will see.

Happy trails, Forrest
Thanks, Forrest, please keep us posted. Do you know April's number?

Old 05-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #166

Dashonthedash, April Conner, 574-206-7603, e-mail AConner@ForestRiverinc.com; or Steve Stombaugh, 574-206-7611 or 389-4600, e-mail sstombaugh@ForestRiver.com.

I sent April an e-mail and she responded in less than an hour.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
Old 05-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #167

I already sent an email to Steve earlier today, but he hasn't responded. It is the beginning of the holiday weekend, though, so I may not hear until next week. If not, I'll try April. Thanks.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #168

Dropped my rig off at dealer this morning. I had a choice of leaving my rig for 2-3 weeks while FR shipped 2 new hoses to be replaced at no charge, or take my rig home and bringing it back when the hoses arrived. That would cost about $100.00 in gas.

Or, under my extended warranty they would obtain hoses (much better quality) locally and install them tomorrow. Cost me $100.00 deductible. Guess which choice I made? Pick up my coach Wednesday, ready to roll.

Problem was, after I dropped my rig off, I went by Bass Pro Shops and bought a new gun, cost me $500.00. My wife said "happy father's day).

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
Old 05-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #169

I heard from Steve Stombaugh yesterday and he asked for pictures and part of my VIN, so it looks like they may cover it. The only thing is, if it takes 2-3 weeks, it may interfere with my next scheduled trip, which I am eagerly anticipating and is set to begin June 16. In my case, though, there isn't much choice, since I don't have an extended warranty.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #170
BJ

Well, after they replaced my lines, a couple months, and the pump and motor started leaking. In shop being replaced now.
Bjs306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #171

Sorry to hear that BJ. My pump was replaced not long after I got my MH. Sent the wrong one twice, took about a month to get it right. No leaks now, except for the filler cap, which leaks "as designed".

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
Old 05-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
Sorry to hear that BJ. My pump was replaced not long after I got my MH. Sent the wrong one twice, took about a month to get it right. No leaks now, except for the filler cap, which leaks "as designed".

Happy Trails, Forrest
If you are getting fluid out the cap that means you have too much fluid in the tank. With everything in and up it still should be 1" below the top or it will continue to over flow when al the fluid is pushed back into the tank when you raise the levellers and/or slides go in.
Sooner or later it will get to the final llevel if it continue to flow out the cap.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #173

Mine leaked out the cap as well when it was new, but the dealer quickly realized that it was overfull and bled it down to the "line". Since then it hasn't leaked, at least until the hoses went bad.

BTW, Forest River has agreed to replace all the orange hoses on my unit with new ones. I am dropping it off at the dealer on Monday. Thanks to FR and this Forum!

Old 06-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #174

Dealer replace hoses under extended warranty contract. Could have waited for FR, but didn't want to wait the 2-3 weeks for delivery.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
Old 06-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #175

Just contacted April Conner of Forest River about failing orange hoses. She wanted the VIN# to see what she can do, it's Saturday so maybe I'll hear more on Monday.
I like doing all my own maintenance and repairs and I know this isn't rocket science but if Forest River sends me new hoses is it a very difficult procedure if I decide to change them myself? I just think I could have it done quicker and probably better than if I bring it to the dealer to have it done.

Tim
Old 06-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #176
BJ

There is a thread with details and pictures. If FR covers it I would let the dealer do it
Old 06-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #177

Tim, generally they have been covering the replacement of the hoses for original owners, so I don't know if they'll cover it for you, but it doesn't hurt to ask. In another thread, you mentioned that you bought the Georgetown with a 7-month warranty from the dealer, so the issue should be covered under that. I'd take it to the dealer and let them replace the hoses under that warranty.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #178

I thought of that 7 month warranty but thought I'd try with Forest River first and see what comes back, if they won't cover it then my next choice is 1000 Islands RV where I bought it used.
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to look for that thread on how to do it myself just in case I'm S.O.L. with the whole issue.

Thanks again, we'll see what happens next week.

Tim
Old 06-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #179
BJ

Just an update.
Fortunately I purchased the extended warranty. Carolina Coach in Clement NC handled everything for me with the extended warranty folks and they replaced the pump motor and a leaking cylinder for the main slide.
My cost- $54 freight for parts and $50 deductible. Slide movement is much quieter and faster as well. Problem solved. Thanks Carolina Coach.