Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2017, 08:49 AM   #1

Calling all Georgetown GT3 owners

:
Hi! My wife and I are looking for input from GT3 owners. We are wondering how you guys like your coaches, things you really like, things you really dislike, and any inherent issues.

We really like the 30x3 floor plan but would probably omit the Outside kitchen preferring the pass thru storage and extra drawers in the bedroom. We also would opt for the powered front bunk mainly because the manual bunk only has a weight capacity of 200#.

Thanks
BLPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #2

We love our 30X3. We have the power bunk and it is great. My 6'0" 200+ lb 17 year old slept in it last summer every night of our 7 week trip without a problem. We have the kitchen and the fridge and freezer in it was nice to have to hold additional food on a longer trip. We have had no trouble worth mentioning. We have been very pleased.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #3

Thanks yensidcamper! We really like the floorplan and it is on our shortlist. When it comes time to buy we'll probably have to special order.

Are you happy with the way it handles going down the road our have you had to make any changes to the suspension?

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #4

Thinking about buying this unit

So far this is the best floorplan I have found, and this is the one we are truly thinking about going with but I've got a few questions for those who own 1, can someone answer some of these for me. I would really appreciate it.

1) Is there storage underneath the seats of the Dinette? Normally there are drawers that come out or the seat lifts.
2) Does the mattress lift up to provide storage underneath the mattress?
3) What brand of mattress is it?
4) What is the cubic foot measure on the Refrigerator? Is there any option for a bigger refrigerator, reason I ask is the floorplan schematic looks like there might be.
5) What is the average MPG for this particular vehicle?
6) Does the TV in the living area lift up to provide storage behind it? It appears this is the case looking at the literature
7) Is it a porcelain toilet?
8) Does the DVD player connect to all TV's?
JRD1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD1019 View Post
So far this is the best floorplan I have found, and this is the one we are truly thinking about going with but I've got a few questions for those who own 1, can someone answer some of these for me. I would really appreciate it.

1) Is there storage underneath the seats of the Dinette? Normally there are drawers that come out or the seat lifts.
2) Does the mattress lift up to provide storage underneath the mattress?
3) What brand of mattress is it?
4) What is the cubic foot measure on the Refrigerator? Is there any option for a bigger refrigerator, reason I ask is the floorplan schematic looks like there might be.
5) What is the average MPG for this particular vehicle?
6) Does the TV in the living area lift up to provide storage behind it? It appears this is the case looking at the literature
7) Is it a porcelain toilet?
8) Does the DVD player connect to all TV's?
We don't own one but we have looked at them and I can answer a couple of your questions.
1. There are doors that open on the end of the seats that allow access under them. No pullout drawers. Not sure if they have access from under the cushions.
2. I believe there is a small storage area under the mattress.
6. Yes the TV lifts up and there is a cupboard behind it. It has a narrow shelf inside.
Sorry I ant answer anything else. Hopefully someone that has one will chine in.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:59 PM   #6

We bought our 2017 GT3 last April and love the floor plan. We have the power bed over the front. We love our outdoor kitchen as it gives us more refrigerator/freezer space. We replaced the inside microwave with a convection microwave and moved the old one outside (took out the cabinet over the sink). We spend a lot of time outdoors and use the kitchen a lot. I can answer a few of your questions.

1. There is storage under the dinette seats. There are 2 ways to access underneath: The seats lift off and there is also a door facing the kitchen where you can access the underneath. We modified the door and put sliding drawer. We took the drawers from our Forest River Sunseeker Class C.

2. The mattress does not lift up so there is no storage.

3. Don't know what brand mattress, we are not in it now, but it is comfortable.

4. Don't know cubic feet.

5. Average MPG. Is 5-7 but depends on the roads, flat or hilly. We tow a 2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude.

6. Living room and bedroom TV lift for storage.

7. Toilet not porcelain ( we are looking at changing it out)

8. DVD plays front TV and outside TV but not bedroom.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.
chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #7

Thanks chucknviv!

After you look at a ton of RV's something's just run together. I could've swore that there was storage under the bed but after you said there was none I remembered it's right above the "basement" storage area. duh!

One question I do have is are you happy with the outside storage?

Old 03-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #8

We are very happy with the under carriage storage. The basement is a smaller when you have the outside kitchen. I don't know the size of the indoor fridge but the having the outside kitchen gives you another freezer and fridge. With 7 continuous weeks on the road last summer we never felt like we couldn't keep enough cold. There was some creative packing right after the grocery run.

Underneath storage is not as good a diesel pusher but it is adequate, at least the way we have used it.

I have made no changes to the steering but I will likely do the CHF and consider the Roadmaster or similar add on. We did get blown around pretty easily on the interstate, but we made over 7000 miles towing a car without incident. We even made it over the Teton pass without ticking everyone off behind us.

Good luck with your choice.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:43 AM   #9

BLPN
The more storage we have the more we tend to bring! We added shelves to the driver side storage compartment which maximizes space. We also added sewer hose storage underneath using vinyl fence posts. We got both of these ideas from the FR3 forum under the thread modifications. We won't have our motorhome back from warranty work till end of April or I would send pics.
chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:16 PM   #10

Thanks chucknviv,
I'd really like to see the pictures of the shelves and I've also thought of using PVC to store sewer hoses. I like your idea of using the PVC post sleeves, will the hoses fit in them with the fittings attached? And what's the best way to hook them under the coach?
Thanks again!
Old 06-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #11

I follow this guys video blog and he has a great video on using the fence posts for sewer hose storage. Check it out at:
Secret Sewer Hose Storage Compartment | rvwithtito

I want to incorporate this into our new GT3.

Tags
georgetown