Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2021, 01:17 PM   #1

Camera

I have a 2011 motor home Georgetown
On one side I have to change a defective camera but don’t want to break something else so can anyone know or did change one before and the coast of the camera
Thank you ahead because I had small problem before and you guys really help me out
Michel
Mikehug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 06:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehug View Post
I have a 2011 motor home Georgetown

On one side I have to change a defective camera but don’t want to break something else so can anyone know or did change one before and the coast of the camera

Thank you ahead because I had small problem before and you guys really help me out

Michel

I just ordered both right and left cameras to replace the failed ones. These are from Miko Corp in Elkhart, In. If these are what you have, there is a small hole near the bottom front of the cover. I used a small hex key and slowly lifted up. Then , go underneath the hood and find the cable that comes inside. A few feet in you’ll see a screw on 6 pin connector to the extension cord that runs to the monitor. The cameras alone are $150 each. The kit for 2 cameras, gasket, cover, mounting brackets is $350. If you don’t have the Miko cameras the above info is probably similar to another brand but could be different. I have a 2012 Georgetown 328. I Spoke with one of the engineers who said Georgetown changes vendors often. Also, he said if you get 4 years out of them you’re lucky. Keeping them covered in winter time or bad weather probably helps.
tjvpga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:01 AM   #3

I just replace my passenger side. Bought it from this site. https://mitocorp.com/product/perimet...d-normal-view/ Price comes up in the cart, I believe it was $79+shipping. tjvpga's post is pretty spot on as to cover removal. The camera itself will have three position screw hole choices at the rear. You will need to mount with the indication lettering "top" of the camera up. You will need to remove the mount bezel from the fender wall to get the wire and connector through the mount. Everything can be done with a #1 and #2 Philips screwdriver once the cover is off. Pretty straight forward.
Mooney 78865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:50 AM   #4

Hi Mooney,
I was told the $79 camera is for forward view not the blind spot view. In my little brain, I'm not sure what the difference is (maybe the degree of coverage). I was told that I can return what I bought if needed. Please let me know if yours work. I would love to save a few $$. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2021, 11:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvpga View Post
Hi Mooney,
I was told the $79 camera is for forward view not the blind spot view. In my little brain, I'm not sure what the difference is (maybe the degree of coverage). I was told that I can return what I bought if needed. Please let me know if yours work. I would love to save a few $$. Thanks!
Pretty sure the camera doesn't care which way it is pointed as long as it is orientated to have the "view" correct. (top up) I installed that exact camera on the passenger side wheel well facing rearward a week ago and it works fine.
Did you order the complete camera, housing and base plate? I only ordered the camera.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney 78865 View Post
Pretty sure the camera doesn't care which way it is pointed as long as it is orientated to have the "view" correct. (top up) I installed that exact camera on the passenger side wheel well facing rearward a week ago and it works fine.
Did you order the complete camera, housing and base plate? I only ordered the camera.

Yes, I ordered the housing, baseplate and cameras. The broken ones looked weathered and worn. I’m going to call Mito again on Tuesday. Aside from price, I can’t see any difference on the camera.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvpga View Post
Yes, I ordered the housing, baseplate and cameras. The broken ones looked weathered and worn. I’m going to call Mito again on Tuesday. Aside from price, I can’t see any difference on the camera.

Tags
camera