Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2018, 09:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
Are you folks nuts??
Why, yes. Yes we are...
2rad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:55 PM   #22

Running Oven While Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staroske View Post
My son and his friends just took our 350TS for the weekend. They wanted to make pizzas in the oven while driving but it wouldn’t work. Does the wind from driving cause the oven to not work while driving?

The oven will probable work fine if the propane is own and everything could be OK if you assume you are not going to have a collision while driving.

Perhaps I am too safety conscience but I feel it's risky enough just driving with your propane lines pressurized (tank valve on). But with the oven going, you also have a fire going at the same time. So if you have a collision (or even blow a rear tire) you could sever a propane line and have gas spewing out into a fire that is already lit. So I would get myself ready to bolt out the door or climb out the window ASAP, assuming your rig is not going to roll over an trap you inside with a fire.
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #23

Hmmmm ? oven on, accidents happen, fuel spills, nope....don't see any problem here.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #24

My wife often rides in the trailer and cooks so dinner is ready when we get to our destination. No issues so far.
Jfkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:30 PM   #25

When I had a Class A, I'd run the HWH while traveling. I don't see an issue with using the oven, plus you and it are close by should you have an issue.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:37 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
My wife often rides in the trailer and cooks so dinner is ready when we get to our destination. No issues so far.
Rides in the Trailer while your towing it down the road . most very illegal in most if not all states . running an oven in a motor coach is nothing compared to what your saying . sorry but what you describe is not safe
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:19 PM   #27

Here's some interesting tips on preventing RV fires

https://rvshare.com/blog/fire_in_an_rv/
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Rides in the Trailer while your towing it down the road . most very illegal in most if not all states . running an oven in a motor coach is nothing compared to what your saying . sorry but what you describe is not safe
Ah, I’m just kidding, I said this tongue in cheek. I’m not sure cooking while driving is all that safe, even if it’s in a MH.
Jfkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:00 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Ah, I’m just kidding, I said this tongue in cheek. I’m not sure cooking while driving is all that safe, even if it’s in a MH.
Perhaps you should use a icon to show that or a LOL.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:45 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Rides in the Trailer while your towing it down the road . most very illegal in most if not all states .
If it's a fifth wheel it's legal in 21 states.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:22 AM   #31

Quote:
Sorry , you got me . when i read you put your wife in the TT to cook while towing ,well i posted what i thought about that . most things people do are fine and not so dangerous but what you posted even got me thinking WTH
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote