Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2018, 09:18 AM   #1

Cat weigh scale data

S, I finally got around to weighing my Georgetown. I have been running the tires at 80. Goodyear 24570R195 19.5 inch tires. Looking for advise on tire pressures. The scale data includes me towing a prius on a demco dolly. It looks like my coach weight is right at the max with the dolly attached. I found the tire PSI chart for goodyear online. I assume I divide the axle weight by two but none of those weights land anywhere on the chart.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-07-12_8-55-23.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	179197   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-07-12_9-40-04.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	179201  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:37 AM   #2

looks like you're perfectly fine on GVWR for the coach, and you even have more you weight you could tow....everythings good.

interestingly, though, the FR specs show 7,000 front, and 12,000 rear...19,000 total axle limits, but only 18,000 on the GVWR... why? who knows, but I suppose the manufacturer's CHASSIS is the limiting factor.

for tire pressures, use the tire Manufacturer's specs for the weight you have on each axle, not the MAX shown on the tires themselves. Using the proper PSI will CERTAINLY give you a much better ride...
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
looks like you're perfectly fine on GVWR for the coach, and you even have more you weight you could tow....everythings good.

interestingly, though, the FR specs show 7,000 front, and 12,000 rear...19,000 total axle limits, but only 18,000 on the GVWR... why? who knows, but I suppose the manufacturer's CHASSIS is the limiting factor.

for tire pressures, use the tire Manufacturer's specs for the weight you have on each axle, not the MAX shown on the tires themselves. Using the proper PSI will CERTAINLY give you a much better ride...
Thanks. I just added the goodyear tire PSI chart to my message but I do not see where my weights land anywhere on the chart. The way I read it I should run 110 on the rears and about 70-75 on the fronts?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #4

it looks to be about 80 all the way around, though their chart is a little confusing since you don't have an 'axle' chart, but a 'tire' weight chart, which would be your front axle weight divided by two, and the rear(11,580) divided by four tires, at least I presume.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
it looks to be about 80 all the way around, though their chart is a little confusing since you don't have an 'axle' chart, but a 'tire' weight chart, which would be your front axle weight divided by two, and the rear(11,580) divided by four tires, at least I presume.
Aw! That makes sense. Thanks for the input!
Old 07-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #6

BTW - for other MH owners that were intimidated with using CAT scales. Don't be! It was a piece of cake. They even have an app where you simply put in the scale ID # (found when you pull onto the scales) and payment method and bam! It emails you the weight data sheet. You don't even need to get out of the RV!
Old 07-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #7

You may want to consider bumping the pressure up a little. What I have read says weight is not usually evenly distributed side by side on motorhomes. I can't verify that I have not done a wheel specific weight on my motorhome. Good Luck!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat