Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #1

Cb radios in 337

We have a 2010 337 and are woundering if they come pre-wired for a CB or can anyone suggest best place for a full size cobra unit??
DAPYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:49 AM   #2

I have had good luck dealing with these folks Walcott CB - CB Radio, CB Radios, Antennas, Microphones, Mounts, Coax Cable, HAM, Amateur Radio -
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #3

Depending if you have a side door near the drivers seat or not. we elected not to have one and placed my CB on the wall below the arm rest. We use a short marine antenna mounted above the side windows on the drivers side. Since you have a fiberglass body, you need a ground plane for reception. We drilled a small hole and ran the antenna wire down next to the window opening. The curtains cover the wire. We used silicone to seal the hole.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #4

I guess my question would be why do you want a CB.. in their day they did a good job but now with the new vhf hand held units, you can double your coverage and get away from all the noise and skip on CB and you won't have to install any antenna outside. I ditched my cb unit a number of years ago and havn't missed it for a day. When I travel with friends we use the vhf hand held units. If you do persue the cb route the most important part of the install is the antenna. As the mh is all fiberglass you definitley need a marine type antenna because there is no metal for the signal to bounce off of, in other words no ground plane. You must also make sure you match the antenna to the radio with the use of an SWR meter. The ideal match is a 1 to 1 ratio..anything higher than 3 to 1 ratio will almost nulify any radiation of signal, in other words you will not be getting out. Some say they use the cb to talk and listen to truckers.. All I ever got on the CB from them was to ::get the hell out of my way::
I hope you have better experiances. Good Luck.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #5

I had CB radios on all my coaches since 1999 . I now have one on my 2011 378. The thing that has been hapening with CBs is that they are being used so little lately that I dont even turn mine on anymore.For an antenna the easiest way to go is with A through the glass. It will give you about a half mile transmit range and unlimited recieve . This will do fine if you want to talk to a truck in your eyesight or other coaches in your convoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	4698  
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote