Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2016, 05:25 PM   #1

CHF on 2017 Georgetown 329 DS

Today I tried to do the CHF on my new MH, I think Forest River made some changes. I disconnected the support rods both side of sway bar. Had to remove all four bolts holding the sway bar to the cross member to get the bots in the lower bolt holes in the sway bar.
When I went to hook the 4 bolts back up to cross member the way bar is hitting hard against the front leaf springs. No deal it wont work on my MH, the only thing which would work if the support rods where longer.

So I moved to the back, on the rear each side there is not 2 bolts on each side there is on bolt and a headless pin with a nut on each side. The issue I see by turning the support rod around the sway bar will be less then a inch from the rear end pumpkin, so I am out of luck. Looks like no CHF for me.
Secarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #2

Buying a ‘17 329ds myself. Wondering if you’d done any further suspension work on the vehicle, and/or what your experience with drivability stock?
The coach we’re buying has 7,000 miles, and I don’t know if the prior owner improved the suspension at all.
Thanks
Zipkruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:10 PM   #3

Have a 2017 369xl. Did my chf last year, no issues. Did noticeably improve handling and ride.
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown