Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo444 View Post
OK Thanks.

I checked it out with the local Ford dealership here and they list only one option for both the front and rear anti-sway bar on the F-53 chassis:

Front: 5U9Z5482AA for $130 and Rear: GU925A772A for $43

Those are the prices for just the bars themselves --i.e., no mounting hardware included.

So if Ford ever did stock upgraded anti-sway bars they no longer do so?

Maybe like you imply the upgrade on your coach was an item was added by Forest River so maybe they carry heavy duty anti-sway bars for some models?

If you had read my response to you, the sway bars on my unit are "after market" which means NOT Ford. What brand I have no idea who installed them I have no idea, they were on my original option list, I bought them, they were installed. End of story.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:01 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
If you had read my response to you, the sway bars on my unit are "after market" which means NOT Ford. What brand I have no idea who installed them I have no idea, they were on my original option list, I bought them, they were installed. End of story.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I know they are not Ford -- I was just passing along information that some others might be interested in. But whoever made those anti-sway bars I guess they had to be installed by Forest River when building the coach if they are listed on the FR build sheet from the factory?