Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #1

Cleaning fiberglass roof on a 378

much has been written an i've searched, but i don't find a good answer as WHAT to use to clean the fiberglass roof on a 378 ? That won't harm the wax on sides of coach... appreciate actual use comments . thanks ...
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #2

I've used a stiff brush and normal car wash soap. I've found that the crud on the roof won't come out of non-slip pattern of the fiberglass without brushing. Same with the stuff that accumulates on top of the dicor sealant, it doesn't like to come off unless brushed.

Interestingly the dicor stands up to this well. No marks are left after brushing. But then the brush is just stiff, not very stiff.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #3

Thank you my friend
i've consider maybe alittle bite of bleach in soap an have wife handy to keep sides of coach wet ... but wondering what affect that would have on the caulk .... i'm assuming "the black stuff" is mildew ...
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #4

Yes I think you're right. Mildew or some kind of mold. I've found that keeping the roof clean cuts down on the black streaks. Since it rains a lot here in the Pacific North Wet that's a good thing.

Interestingly I've never waxed any part of the coach. Maybe I'll do that this spring. It would be a good excuse to buy a new power tool.