Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #1

CLI Leveling question

All,

My wife and I are the third owners of a beautiful 2005 Georgetown motorhome. We are also very new to the world of motorhomes and would appreciate help from the more experienced owners out there.

Here's the issue. We just purchased the Georgetown and the leveling jacks worked twice. The third time I found the reservoir for the transmission fluid very low and the pump stopped working. I filled the reservoir to the recommended level and the control panel will still not function. I contracted CLI this morning and he said that the circuit breaker needs to be reset. That's great but not having documentation on this component and where the circuit breaker is located is not helpful.

If anyone out there has had a similar problem, I would appreciate your assistance in getting the leveling jacks operational. The previous owner(s) left a lot of material, but nothing on the leveling component.

Many thanks in advance.

William Esterhuizen
mushgush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #2

In the later years the circuit breaker (switchblade fuse) looks like this and maybe yours does to. It's installed in the coach batteries area by the batteries. If you look you will see a red thin stripe (some are black) and that swings out when tripped and is reset by just rotating it back under the shield as shown.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedMotorhome May31_2013 012_LI.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	994.1 KB
ID:	216484  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:37 PM   #3

Maybe you know this but, the reservoir should only be filled to about an inch or so below the rim when all the jacks/slide outs are fully retracted/all the way in.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:02 PM   #4

CLI question

Thank you! My unit is older and the master switch trips out. Reset and all is good!
Old 10-02-2019, 06:03 PM   #5

Thank you. I found that out from the tech person I spoke with yesterday.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:48 PM   #6
NXR

I don't know where your breaker is but be certain to not add fluid unless the jacks are retracted the the slides, if they are hydraulic, are also retracted.

Ray
Old 10-02-2019, 07:32 PM   #7

CLI leveling jacks

Thanks Ray. The CLI tech said exactly that... the jacks were fully retracted! Thank you!

Tags
leveling