Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #1

Clunk Noise

My side shades used to rattle a lot along with a steering area clunk. The side shade rattles and most of the steering area clunk went away when I installed Koni shocks.

I've been trying to figure what causes the clunk when I hit deep holes, etc. I have narrowed down to two areas. One is the brake pedal since it has up and down play while at rest. If I see a deep crack coming up and hold the pedal up from the bottom that one was away. I need to figure out a way to get rid of the play...no big deal.

The other one seems to be coming from the steering column. It can be duplicated if you hit the steering wheel at the 3 or 9 o'clock position hard with your fist.

Anyone else?
Old 06-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #2

Can't say Ive had either of those noises. I have had to do allot of adjusting on those plastic inserts at the window to stop rattle. Also added some velcro over the edges of the screen inserts which took out that cackle.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #3

My side windows rattle like crazy. Tried wedging paper in between the glass and plastic. Helps, but doesn't stop it all together. Took out the screen on drivers side this past weekend and was a little lees noisy. With less rattle I noticed a strong wind noise outside the front windshield. Sounds like the top, but can't be sure. Anyone else?
pkhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
...If I see a deep crack coming up and hold the pedal up from the bottom that one was away. I need to figure out a way to get rid of the play...no big deal...
1) Get a pc of pipe insulation or pool noodle and wrap it around under the pedal and secure it with wire ties. (2)Large, small wire compression spring under the pedal (3) Weak extension spring on pedal to something under the dash.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
1) Get a pc of pipe insulation or pool noodle and wrap it around under the pedal and secure it with wire ties. (2)Large, small wire compression spring under the pedal (3) Weak extension spring on pedal to something under the dash.
I was thinking on using a spring for that one. Not sure what's causing the steering column one, but it's internal and will have to take things apart.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:13 AM   #6

Take a look here for the window rattle fix

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...les-61626.html