Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2022, 03:50 PM   #1

Compartment lock problem/replacement problem 2021 Georgetown 34 H5

My driver side compartment door just in front of rear wheels appears damaged. The door is locked (maybe someone wanted in) and the lock will not let the key go in. Problems are how do I get it open, where do I get a replacement tumbler or a new handle assembly required. After replacement how do I rekey so this compartment uses same key as all the other compartments? I am not sure but I think it’s a Lippert Slam door latch.
Also if someone has upgraded their compartment door locks, do you have one of the original equipment locks available? Thanks,
2021 Georgetown 34 H5.
DaBull2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 11:51 PM   #2

Those are usually keyed the same. If not, any lock shop should be able to re key a tumbler for you. On your key, there is a stamped number. My 2019 uses a r001.

How to get in it, I am not sure short of drilling out the lock.
bduemig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 01:16 PM   #3
Commercial Member

I just talked with service and they suggested to try a little WD-40 in the lock. If that doesn't work then you will have to drill out the lock. As for a replacement lock... we might be able to get you one from the factory. Please, give Nick Hoover a call @ 574-206-7600. When you call have the last 8 of your chassis VIN handy and ask for Nick. Hope this helps. Safe travels
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 05:24 PM   #4

Getting home tomorrow so I’ll try WD-40. I hope it works but lock is damaged where the key goes in. Has anyone drilled a cylinder out and got compartment open? Did you have to replace the handle assembly or just the cylinder? Hopefully the Forrest River contact above may help with replacement lock. Thanks
DaBull2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, georgetown, lock, replacement, tow