Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2020, 07:50 PM   #1

Dash radio

I have a 2017 329DS. No power to dash radio checked fuses under dash all good looked at f53 book for what number radio power is not listed. Any one know where radio power comes from. Pulled center panel checked radio connection. Checked for in line fuse no luck
Secarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 08:04 PM   #2

Assume you may have a switch to power the radio from the coach as opposed to power from chassis with ignition switch on. If so is it dead with both configurations? I think my 2012 GT378 is an inline fuse behind the radio. I think.

ADDED: In some earlier GT's fuse #16 (20A) blown in the fuse panel left of the steering column has caused the radio to not work along with some other items. Fuse #17(5A) is a Body Builder Radio Feed.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 08:10 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Good question bubbles.

Shows another approach to the problem he posted.

I’m watching.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 07:00 AM   #4

Yes ignition power dead along with rocker radio switch next to radio. I need to cut open bundle to see if there is in line behind radio. I found two in lines but not on radio wires
Old 06-13-2020, 07:50 AM   #5

I have a different radio than you and my radio does have a fuse that is part of the radio on the back.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:06 AM   #6

Update. I pulled panel back off and there is a mini 10 amp fuse it was good and I just replaced it. Still no radio. I proved red wires no power coming to radio. Checked inline fuses I House battery area all good.

Now I have another problem when pulling infuses in fuse panel left of steering wheel 20 amp. I can’t remember what spot it came from spot 15 or 16. There was a empty spot in one of them. I tried fuse in both and can’t find something not working. I feel like a idiot. Does anyone have my model who has schematics. Looking at f53 ford manual which came with rv no luck identifying. Thank you
Old 06-13-2020, 09:10 AM   #7

Your owners manual shows a 20A fuse in slot 16. Did you also check slot 17 (5A) fuse?
Old 06-13-2020, 10:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Your owners manual shows a 20A fuse in slot 16. Did you also check slot 17 (5A) fuse?
. Thank you I found where the 20 amp fuse belongs after I posted. I checked the 5 amp.

I take it the radio rocker switch power comes from house batteries not ignition. I checked all fuses on fuse panel. Replaced radio fuse cannot find a inline fuse. No power to radio.

What I am trying to find now what does the rocker switch get its power from is there a fuse down stream

One thing I don’t know if it has anything to do with this I just replaced chassis battery it was dead
Old 06-13-2020, 10:31 AM   #9

I have a 2012 GT378 and have not had an issue with the radio in my unit. My unit does have an SDC-107 Battery Control Center box where the coach batteries are located and in that box are several fuses. The only ones I'm sure of do not feed my radio but there are some in there that do feed the front end (TV booster panel etc.). I'm not sure when the SDC-107 box was updated but if you have one you might pull the front panel and check those fuses inside. Yes the radio would get powered from coach batteries with switch. At least that is my understanding.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I have a 2012 GT378 and have not had an issue with the radio in my unit. My unit does have an SDC-107 Battery Control Center box where the coach batteries are located and in that box are several fuses. The only ones I'm sure of do not feed my radio but there are some in there that do feed the front end (TV booster panel etc.). I'm not sure when the SDC-107 box was updated but if you have one you might pull the front panel and check those fuses inside. Yes the radio would get powered from coach batteries with switch. At least that is my understanding.
Have confirmed that one of the fuses in my (SDC-107) battery control center box does supply the coach 12Vdc to the radio when switched from normal to alternate power source.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #11

Hello! In our 2010 every time we start the vehicle we have to reset the radio, using a paperclip in the small reset hole on the face of the radio. Don't know if this is your issue, but it works for us!
Old 07-08-2020, 10:12 AM   #12

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum....I have found so many good information on this forum since I bought my Georgetown back in 2018.

Secarider, any updates?

I have the exactly the same scenario that you are having with the radio. I've checked everything that you have except the SDC-107 Battery Control Center box as bubbles suggested. I will check the SDC-107 box today and post an update.

Thanks

2010 Georgetown 330TS
Neil_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:05 PM   #13

My update:
All fuses in SDC-107 box are good. I miss read the original post saying he didn't get any power to the radio. My case is that I just checked that I do have 12V to the radio both from ignition switch (chassis power) and also from radio rocker switch (house power). For my case I'm thinking that the radio might just be dead. Will have to look for a replacement.
2010 Georgetown 330TS
Neil_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 12:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_D View Post
My update:
All fuses in SDC-107 box are good. I miss read the original post saying he didn't get any power to the radio. My case is that I just checked that I do have 12V to the radio both from ignition switch (chassis power) and also from radio rocker switch (house power). For my case I'm thinking that the radio might just be dead. Will have to look for a replacement.
Well I started back into this issue. I checked all fuses in battery control box all good. Checked all in line fuses in coach battery area. Could not ding any inline fuses for battery behind radio. Checked fuse on radio and good. I have power on yellow wire coming to radio but not red with key on. I do have power to radio cutoff switch on dash but does not light up. I am going to order new battery upgraded from current Sony doesn’t sell mekn5100bt. So going to order 5200
Old 07-23-2020, 12:16 PM   #15

Update. I ordered new radio head unit. Results. Radio works. Toggle radio switch urns radi on and off but no light on toggle. At least my radi works now. I am thinking I may have had a surge or something. 2017 unit. In past month. Radio went bad, invertor died. Two interior lights burnt out.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #16

The radios they install from Forest River are Junk. Hopefully you installed a good radio.

BTW, the rocker switch gets its power from the chassis battery. And the rocker only lights up when the parking lights are on. At least that’s how it is on my 2012.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:02 PM   #17

Really. Thank you for the info on the light I will check it out next time I go out. No I didn’t buy a top of line radio. I bought another Sony. But a upgrade over what was installed at least I got a CD player now. Why I don’t carry them any more since I got all these other music streaming things on my phone even XM. I just ordered two 6 inch speakers (JBL)to replace junk speakers over driver and passenger seats

Tags
radio