Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
Kanadian Kamper

Dimensions for Queensize bed

We have a 2010 GT 330TS with a queensize bed, but it's presently at the dealer's over 2 hours away.

As with most threads I've seen, the basic mattress in most models is a common sore point (soory for the pun) amongst most users. We have a first class queensize pillow top mattress in the guest bedroom which doesn't get as much use as we're planning for the MH.

According to the floorplans for our model, the mattress is supposed to be 60" X 74". Can anyone confirm this measurement for sure?

Thanks

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Yes, that is the correct measurement. But, it has radius corners. We bought a sleep number mattress to replace the original and it doesn't have radius corners, so I added a piece of plywood all the way across the end and screwed it to the existing plywood to support the squared cornered new mattress.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

They call it a Short Queen Mattress. We went with the Sleep Number Mattress as well. We have one at home also. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #4

Sleepers Mattress Factory makes an RV mattress and it is the correct size and it will havve the radius corners.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #5

We have a standard queen size pillowtop mattress in our camper. they will fit but are longer than the mattress you are replacing. you will need to get a piece of plywood to support teh added length and atach it to the bed platform/base.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

I guess my question can only be answered by someone else with a 330TS.

My biggest concern is not that an RV queensize mattress has radial corners or not compared to a "normal" one for the house, but rather the overall length cannot be any longer than the mattress in place today in our 330TS.

In the 330TS, the bedroom slide closes and the mattress moves into a position where it actually pushes up against the drawers/dresser on the opposite wall. If our replacement mattress is just an inch or so longer than the RV one, we can't use our exisiting pillow top mattress.

Thanks everyone.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post

My biggest concern is not that an RV queensize mattress has radial corners or not compared to a "normal" one for the house, but rather the overall length cannot be any longer than the mattress in place today in our 330TS.

In the 330TS, the bedroom slide closes and the mattress moves into a position where it actually pushes up against the drawers/dresser on the opposite wall. If our replacement mattress is just an inch or so longer than the RV one, we can't use our exisiting pillow top mattress.

Thanks everyone.
We have the same situation. We have 2 slides in the bedroom and the matress butts right up against the drawers and closet doors when closed so there's no longer mattress we could go with. I'm 6ft and I've just learned to move up to the top as much as possible. I still sleep very well. Our original mattress was like sleeping on a spring. The Sleep Number mattress solved that problem. Gave the other mattress to a co-worker for his toy-hauler. His kids love it under the skimpy mattress they originally had.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #8

We pull the mattress away from the headboard several inches when we go to bed this gives us more foot room(feet not hanging off) and of course our head is on a pillow.
we2lovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post

Thanks everyone.
It will be a concern if you replace your radius corner mattress with a square corner and you sit on a corner and fall on your butt. You need to support that corner. The sleep number short queen is the correct length to replace your original mattress. Camping World sells another short queen replacement that is much better than the original and is much cheaper than a sleep number.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed