Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 10:01 AM   #1

Do they make georgetown Xl 377 class A anymore

Just wondering if anyone has a class A 377 , are they even making them ? If not why does anyone know ?
emptynest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:26 AM   #2

They are still making them. I saw a 2016 at Lazydays a few days ago, and RV trader has pages of them for sale.

New and Used Forest River 377 Class A For Sale On RV Trader
Old 04-29-2015, 05:59 PM   #3

I have a 2015
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #4

Thanks for your reply

We have been looking around and did not see anyone with that model , so far have you enjoyed yours and wondered how you come to purchase that model over other Georgetowns.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:13 AM   #5

We bought a new 2014 377XL last July and have lived in it full time since September. It really was built to be a "couples coach" and it has worked out well so far for us. Don't expect to entertain guests or have them sleep over. The floor plan really isn't suitable for that.
FroggyRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #6

Thanks for sharing

We have a 2013 377 Xl and around 3500 miles , so far we had 7 people sleep over , 3 adults and four kids ! We have had the steps replaced , the tubing on back of frig because when slide went in and out would pinch and shut everything off . They had to take off all hardware and replace fronts of cupboards where slide came in because slide was just barely missing them and something went wrong with the hydraulic and stuff squirting out everywhere. But other than that we really have enjoyed it . We are hoping at Goshen that they can fix where are slide comes in it is scratching our porcelain floor . We just made appt. to have front end alinement, way off, could not understand why we would have to over compensate all time , well we did after seen our tires already starting to wear . Hopefully all kinks will be out soon and just still keep enjoying it .
Old 05-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #7

377 owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroggyRon View Post
We bought a new 2014 377XL last July and have lived in it full time since September. It really was built to be a "couples coach" and it has worked out well so far for us. Don't expect to entertain guests or have them sleep over. The floor plan really isn't suitable for that.
Would like to know if on your motorhome if your steering wheel is centered at anytime?
Old 05-07-2015, 08:00 AM   #8

Our steering wheel is pretty straight. Fortunately, it has handled pretty well. I have a friend that had a 378XL (same chassis) that had a lot of issues, including front end alignment and serious handling issues he never did get completely resolved before he traded it in. So far, I'm pretty happy with our 377.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:11 AM   #9

Mine is not, it took a while to get used to but now I don't really notice it anymore
Old 05-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #10

Have you had the alignment checked? Seems to be a recurring issue with the Ford chassis. Quite a few have reported alignment issues and early tire wear. Might also result in the steering wheel alignment issue? I haven't had the issue, but I'm watching it closely.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:21 AM   #11

377 steering and alinement

Thanks for the replys , we now have our alinement being done today and he also will be checking frame on front end . We also asked about straighting the steering wheel but he said they did not do that it had something to do with airbag or such to do that but my husband said he would get use to it .I wish in the first 90 days we would of known about the alinement because FR would of taken care of that. don't know whose responsibility that was to give us that information but I guess in the past now . Now if we could get the slide not to scratch the porcelain floor hope all will be good ! My husband retires in July after 43 years in factory and he is ready . Trying to get things taken care of on motorhome because he wants to get away from cold winters in Iowa and head to Arizona.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptynest View Post
Thanks for the replys , we now have our alinement being done today and he also will be checking frame on front end . We also asked about straighting the steering wheel but he said they did not do that it had something to do with airbag or such to do that but my husband said he would get use to it .I wish in the first 90 days we would of known about the alinement because FR would of taken care of that. don't know whose responsibility that was to give us that information but I guess in the past now . Now if we could get the slide not to scratch the porcelain floor hope all will be good ! My husband retires in July after 43 years in factory and he is ready . Trying to get things taken care of on motorhome because he wants to get away from cold winters in Iowa and head to Arizona.

When we had our alignment done the straightened the steering wheel and is perfect now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-07-2015, 02:56 PM   #13

Groggy rom i had the alignment checked and all is ok. What was explain to me is when FR receive
The chassis from Ford they have to remove the steering column to sit the house on the chassis then when they replace the Column the don't install it straight.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:58 PM   #14

Emptynest I had the same slide
Scratching the floor problem
My dealer with input from FR got
That one fixed in half a day
Old 05-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #15

Thanks to everyone giving feedback

I said in yesterdays post that we took it in to have alinement done and the steering wheel is almost straight, the guy that did it at a semi place said he had never seen one that was that far off !! With the little mileage we have on it he said tires on outside edges were wore a lot, he had us feel them all u could feel was the middle sticking out . He said a lot of times he would rotate but he did not want to even attempt putting the front ones on the back because of wear . Only if they would tell you when you buy them you have 90 days and FR would cover cost . The guy at shop said usually that happens when they ship the frames and they chain them down and get out of line .
Old 05-10-2015, 06:08 PM   #16

The Tru Center steering control although a bit pricey really helps, especially in windy conditions, just push a button and it does all the heavy lifting for you.
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:10 PM   #17

Not sure what you are talking about

When you mentioned about just pushing button is that something you added on ?
Old 05-10-2015, 07:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptynest View Post
When you mentioned about just pushing button is that something you added on ?
Yes sir it is something that was added on. Here is a link that should explain everything and I can say from experience it works great.

TruCenter Steering Control | Blue Ox
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:52 PM   #19

What year

Is year Georgetown do you have ? I guess never heard of this steering control but have heard of blue ox .

Tags
georgetown