Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Kanadian Kamper

Do your seats really swivel?

Regardless of what year or model Georgetown MH you may have, does anyone really try to use, or actually use the driver's seat or passenger seat as part of the living quarters.

Have you got a little trick you use to make them turn around more easily, or at least use just the passenger seat. My driver's seat seems to hit the steering wheel no matter how much it may be tilted upwards.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #2

I have a 2004 Georgetown and the front driver seat does swivel 180° to face the living area; however, since it's a bit older rig, I don't know if the chairs are similar but this is how I do mine. First, I tilt the back of the chair all the way forward towards the steering wheel and move the arm rests to the down position as far as they'll go. I know this seem counterintuitive to move it towards the wheel instead of away and to lower the rests instead of raising them, but if you don't, it won't work (at least with mine). I then slide the whole chair as far forward as it will go, again counterintuitive, towards the steering wheel. I then pivot the chair to the right 180° so it is now facing the living area and then slide it away from the steering wheel so I can recline it a little but not much. Like I said, I don't know if the seats in your newer rigs operate similar or not, so good luck. I know I've read others who have wondered the same thing about their seats.
2008 Harley Davidson FXSTC
Our Rv motto..."take it slow..take it wide..take your wallet!"
dlitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #3

My coach is a 2008. I slide the driver's seat all the way back (like a big tall person was going to drive.) then it spins around no problem.

The problem I have is with the passenger seat. It's smashed up against the third seat, the one by the door in my layout. It can't move back, it can't hardly turn. I'm thinking that I'll probably have to do something with that third seat. Take it out, or move it or something. I don't know what forest river was thinking when they crammed those two seats so tight together.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #4

KenandTerry, what GT model do you have?
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #5

I have a 2009 Georgetown 374TS. The passenger seat will swivel 180 degrees with no problem. The drivers seat will only swivel about 90 degrees before the steering wheel stops it. Would sure like to figure out a way to make it more usable.
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlitten View Post
I have a 2004 Georgetown and the front driver seat does swivel 180° to face the living area; however, since it's a bit older rig, I don't know if the chairs are similar but this is how I do mine. First, I tilt the back of the chair all the way forward towards the steering wheel and move the arm rests to the down position as far as they'll go. I know this seem counterintuitive to move it towards the wheel instead of away and to lower the rests instead of raising them, but if you don't, it won't work (at least with mine). I then slide the whole chair as far forward as it will go, again counterintuitive, towards the steering wheel. I then pivot the chair to the right 180° so it is now facing the living area and then slide it away from the steering wheel so I can recline it a little but not much. Like I said, I don't know if the seats in your newer rigs operate similar or not, so good luck. I know I've read others who have wondered the same thing about their seats.
this works on my 280 se as well
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #7

Our 2011 GT374 seets both swivel 180 make sure your steering wheel is right uip no problem.
jmduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #8
Kanadian Kamper

Roger.....

We have the same model as you........2008 Georgetown 330TS. It just seems the bolt location for the driver's seat positions it so close to the steering wheel that you can't really call it a comfortable position with the back of the seat sitting so upright.

When we were finalizing the purchase of our unit, we really didn't like the barrel chair being directly behind the passenger seat either, so we had the dealer change it out for a matching upholstery recliner and footstool. It rests in the same area for driving, but we can move it wherever we want once we're set up. We weren't concerned about forfeiting the seat belt position capacity.

I guess the positioning of the two front seats just doesn't really make them user friendly as one would think.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #9

Thanks for the information as we have never gotten our drivers seat turned around. it was no problem as the 378 has a recliner chair directly behind the drivers chair. we use the passengers chair all the time turned around when we winter in Florida. But since were not going this year due to health problems in the family, trying to turn the drivers chair will have to wait till spring.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #10

I have been thinking of moving the drivers seat back some to see if I can get the clearance I need to turn the drivers seat around. It is too close as it is anyway for driving.
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #11
Anacortesians

On our '02 325, which has Flexsteel front seats, I also put the seatback of the driver's set forward of upright at fold the arms down. With the steering column as for forward as it can go, there's just enough clearance to get the seat past the steering wheel. For some reason, it doesn't want to go beyond facing sideways, so it doesn't reall face intoi the living room. That's a study project before the start of next season.

The passenger seat isn't a problem. It will go all the way round to face aft, but DW doesn't use it like that, because she's uncomfortable in the seat anyway. At 4' 10", her feet don't touch the floor and the distance from the seat back to the leading edge of the cushion is about 6" too long.

I suspect that there's going to be a consultation with an upholstery shop next spring!
Old 12-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #12

The drivers seat Im not to worried about but my passenger seat is mounted so close to the wall that it cant be turned at all. I thought that they just screwed up on my coach so I went to lazydays and looked at other new 378s they were all the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	4069  
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #13

Georgetown front seat use

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Regardless of what year or model Georgetown MH you may have, does anyone really try to use, or actually use the driver's seat or passenger seat as part of the living quarters.

Have you got a little trick you use to make them turn around more easily, or at least use just the passenger seat. My driver's seat seems to hit the steering wheel no matter how much it may be tilted upwards.
We have an 02 Gtown and use the front seats only when we will be still for several days, otherwise the effort is not worth it! We also removed the seat behind the passenger seat.
TNTRVLRS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown