Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2017, 04:40 PM   #1

Dometic 9100 power awning gas strut

I have a 2014 GeoTown with a Dometic 9100 power awning. Has any one replaced the gas extension strut. I need some direction on how to replace this item. Google does not address this issue. Has anyone out there replaced one. Any and all help, advice, guidance or reference material will be greatly appreciated.
KK
kenkaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:13 PM   #2

I have a general idea of what to do but am looking forward to any replys you may get for ideas. I have one of my shocks going bad too. I had to replace a portion of the arm before and it wasn't too bad but was a bit of a pain. I believe to replace the strut you will probably need at least 2 people and probably need to have the awning fully extended and supported by something like maybe a length of 2x4. The pins have a press on keeper. You should be able to drive them out and possibly reuse them. Just be careful. While it isn't too bad a job it can get unwieldy especially when dealing with the shocks (struts).

Steve
4x4FF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, dometic, gas, power