Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #1

DVD player in Georgetown?

We are shopping Georgetown 351's and seems that they don't come w/ a DVD player. Hopefully there is room to mount one in the shallow cabinet underneath the TV mid-coach.

Did your GT come w/ a DVD player? If not...where did you locate yours?

thx,

Mike
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43D18 View Post
We are shopping Georgetown 351's and seems that they don't come w/ a DVD player. Hopefully there is room to mount one in the shallow cabinet underneath the TV mid-coach.

Did your GT come w/ a DVD player? If not...where did you locate yours?

thx,

Mike

I have a 351, the DVD player is located in the Jensen radio on the dash....hard to believe, but that's where it is. There is a remote that goes with it as well.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:56 AM   #3

Mine doesn't have the DVD in the dash. I believe that's an option. The upper right cabinet on the passenger side is where we have our DVD. Up there is the switch box for different inputs as well as the RCA's that go to the TV. I actually wired up an HDMI cable from the back of the TV down below it in that thin cabinet. I now have an Xbox there which can play games, movies and if I have an Internet connection, stream whatever I want. :-)

https://curban.smugmug.com/Urban-Fami...rgetown-351DSF
ChrisMSNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMSNT View Post
Mine doesn't have the DVD in the dash. I believe that's an option. The upper right cabinet on the passenger side is where we have our DVD. Up there is the switch box for different inputs as well as the RCA's that go to the TV. I actually wired up an HDMI cable from the back of the TV down below it in that thin cabinet. I now have an Xbox there which can play games, movies and if I have an Internet connection, stream whatever I want. :-)

You are right, ours came with home theater system....so I guess that's why it is located in the dash mounted Jensen

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 08-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #5

Ours is also in the in dash cd/dvd player. We have a 2013 351ds. Ours also listed home theater on our invoice.
girlscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #6

I have a 2013 351 DS that has the DVD in the upper cabinet above the passenger seat. It also has 5.1 surround sound (subwoofer next to driver's seat).
mdimarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #7

DVD Player Georgetown 351

We have a 2014 Georgetown 351 with the Jensen system. After two trips I was completly dis-satified with the entire sound system. For the DVD, CD, Radio there were only 4 Very Small speakers in the ceiling (living area) with a very small (6") sub-woofer located on the passenger side and it turns out the power booster was only 50 watts to power everything. Driving down the highway the sound was horrible!! I took the sub-woofer out and replaced it with a 10" sub-woofer (built in a sound box) and located on the left side of the drivers seat. The sub-woofer has it's own control knob that controls the dbs (impedance) of the bass. I had two new speakers installed up front (one on each side of driver and passenger) built in sound boxes so you can hear the music while driving. I also replaced all four speakers in the ceiling (living area) with 6" TDK. To power the entire system I installed a 400 watt power booster. I am now a happy Camper.
CTMDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #8

We looked at several yesterday and they all had the DVD player in the dash. Curious - does that DVD player service the bedroom TV too, or just the TV(s) up front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
I have a 351, the DVD player is located in the Jensen radio on the dash....hard to believe, but that's where it is. There is a remote that goes with it as well.
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #9

The DVD player in the dash only operates the one Main TV in the living area. I installed a DVD player (blu-ray) in the bedroom. It's located on the floor of the closet on the left side. It wasn't too difficult. I had to take out the TV to cleanly install all the wires. Only had to drill on hole. The electrical was already there. The hard part was re-mounting the TV level on the wall. The only draw back is the sound only comes from the TV. So my next project will be some kind of sound system. Haven't figured that one out yet. . . .
CTMDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #10
Anacortesians

I installed a DVD player in our "02 GT and located it in the overhead cupboard next to the TV. By the time we'd done three trips, it was beaten to death. I think the terrible road surface on I-5 southbound between Northgate and the Ship Canal bridge was the major culprit.

If you install one, put it on some kind of shock mount. I mounted my second one on a piece of 1/4' plywood. I then glued some 1" polyurethane foam on the underside of the plywood. I fastened the plywood to a second similar piece, also with foam padding underneath, using bolts with a nut each side to allow the upper piece, with the DVD player, some vertical freedom of motion. I then fastened the lower plywood to the inside bottom of the cabinet with a similar fastener arrangement.

Two seasons now and it still works fine - no pieces have fallen out!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43D18 View Post
We looked at several yesterday and they all had the DVD player in the dash. Curious - does that DVD player service the bedroom TV too, or just the TV(s) up front?

Yep, just as the others have said, it only drives the one in the living room/kitchen/dining/lounge. The bunks, if equipt, have their own DVD player built in

Are you looking local here, or local up there?

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 09-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #12

I was trying to get mine to work from the RCA inputs above the passengers seat and all I get is black and white picture with no sound. It is crazy that there isn't HDMI cables pre-run through out the coach. it is 2013 and the tv's are 1080. Also seems my antenna for over the air seems weak.
pkhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #13

Turns out that the audio red/white cables were plugged into the wrong inputs on the TV. As for the video being black and white, seems my model TV (Toshiba) doesn't have a RCA video input. There are only composite inputs.
pkhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #14

Just bought a 2014 335 and discovered on the walk through that the dash DVD was not connected to the tv at all.
soconor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkhill View Post
Turns out that the audio red/white cables were plugged into the wrong inputs on the TV. As for the video being black and white, seems my model TV (Toshiba) doesn't have a RCA video input. There are only composite inputs.
My toshiba on my 2013 Georgetown xl 378 has 3 component input with the video input being applied to 1 of the component input which is used as a video input. So the manual says. It works good for me.
I will say that I had to push the video input cable into the RCA jack of the TV because the video picture was poor until I did.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #16
2013 GEORGETOWN 351 DS

We also have the DVD player built into the front dash however this only plays on the main TV. The rear TV did not have a DVD so I mounted a small 10" x 10" DVD/ BLUE RAY in the TOP LEFT DRAWER. I mounted a small thin shelf on the top of the wood rails. I picked this spot because when we have the slide in we can still open the top drawer and turn the DVD on/off. We can still use the drawer to store a full selection of clothes or even DVDs if you wanted.
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd, georgetown