Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #1

Executive DVD Player, SUCKS!!!!!

I want to replace this crappy DVD player. Has anyone replaced theirs and if so, can you please tell me your new brand and where you purchased?

This cheapo DVD gets hot and stops playing in the middle of a GOOD movie. I got major problems when it will not play the movie RV at all. My DVD in the bedroom (Sony) plays with no problems and I purchased that on my own.

HELP!
Old 03-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #2

I hope it really is the crappy DVD player and not a heat issue. We noticed that on our trip to AZ and UT last summer that due to the black front cap on the GT that all of our electronics mounted in the upper cabinets got hot. Although we didn't use the DVD player much under those conditions our satellite receiver did crump on us twice due to overheating. We have learned to keep those cabinet doors open for ventilation when using those devices in the summer time.

As for a new DVD player if yours is the surround sound one then you obviously need the same kind of thing to replace it with. I would start my search at Costco as they have a good return policy if you don't like it.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #3

Thanks for the tip! I do keep the doors open to allow for ventilation and I added a little fridge fan up there to move the air around.

I will check out Costco for sure.

TKS.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:48 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
I want to replace this crappy DVD player. Has anyone replaced theirs and if so, can you please tell me your new brand and where you purchased?

This cheapo DVD gets hot and stops playing in the middle of a GOOD movie. I got major problems when it will not play the movie RV at all. My DVD in the bedroom (Sony) plays with no problems and I purchased that on my own.

HELP!
We went through 3 of them before getting one that works reliably. 1st one did as you said but it was cold outside. Every movie at about the 50 minute mark would freeze up. Boat N RV installed a new one during servicing the coach. That one would not spin up and read the disc. Found this out after getting home. They shipped me another and I replaced that one only to find that the unit was no better than the original. They shipped another and that's the one we have had for almost 2 years now. It's the CONCERTONE of FR Motorhomes I guess. Eventually there's one out there that actually works.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
We went through 3 of them before getting one that works reliably. 1st one did as you said but it was cold outside. Every movie at about the 50 minute mark would freeze up. Boat N RV installed a new one during servicing the coach. That one would not spin up and read the disc. Found this out after getting home. They shipped me another and I replaced that one only to find that the unit was no better than the original. They shipped another and that's the one we have had for almost 2 years now. It's the CONCERTONE of FR Motorhomes I guess. Eventually there's one out there that actually works.

Should I just take it back to Chesaco to replace since I am still under warranty?

Or
Should I call the company directly to get another one?

I like the unit because when it works you can play the radio through your surround sound.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
Should I just take it back to Chesaco to replace since I am still under warranty?

Or
Should I call the company directly to get another one?

I like the unit because when it works you can play the radio through your surround sound.
I was dealing with Boat N RV at that time. I would call Chesaco and see if they will contact FR about the DVD Player. Otherwise I'd contact Mike Burns at FR about this, but I'm sure he'll tell you to go through Chesaco. Steve at Chesaco has been very helpful to me.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-30-2009, 12:15 PM   #7

ok will do!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #8

hey i saw that yall were having problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I was dealing with Boat N RV at that time. I would call Chesaco and see if they will contact FR about the DVD Player. Otherwise I'd contact Mike Burns at FR about this, but I'm sure he'll tell you to go through Chesaco. Steve at Chesaco has been very helpful to me.

where do i send this dvd player i hate it it finall just quit working
bigb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb23 View Post
where do i send this dvd player i hate it it finall just quit working
If it's still under warranty you'll need to contact your dealer and make arrangements. Boat N RV shipped my replacement to my home with a return label so I could send the dudd back to them and they handled it from there. If not still under warranty I would say the nearest trash can. Ours is still working fine at this time, probably just jinxed it, but when it goes I won't replace it with another unit from Executive or whoever makes it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 06-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #10

I just purchased a home entertainment system with an iPhone dock station from Walmart for $189 made by Phillips. I already have the surround speakers so I gave the new speakers to my daughter and the old player as well. The system works great and I am happy! The best part is I can now play my iPhone music through my system so I do not need xm radio yippy!!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #11
ARLO

dvd

I had an executive in my 2006 HR 29cks. Actually, it was one of the only things that worked correctly. The rest of the trailer was junk.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:59 AM   #12

I guess you truly got the only one that worked out of all of us.....too funny!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #13

Sorry to resurrect an old, dead, thread, but my wife and I just picked up our new Georgetown and have discovered that the Executive DVD/surround system is a complete piece of junk. It makes a loud whining noise and refuses to play any of our DVDs.

Since I can see that it's not likely to be easily "repaired" by the dealership, I find myself wondering if anyone has tried a replacement with another make/model of DVD player. Any ideas that might work easily?
FullThrottle64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #14
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullThrottle64 View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old, dead, thread, but my wife and I just picked up our new Georgetown and have discovered that the Executive DVD/surround system is a complete piece of junk. It makes a loud whining noise and refuses to play any of our DVDs.

Since I can see that it's not likely to be easily "repaired" by the dealership, I find myself wondering if anyone has tried a replacement with another make/model of DVD player. Any ideas that might work easily?
If it's still under warranty. The only thing the dealership will do is swap it out for another unless FR will substitute the RCA Home Threatre I recently saw in a Georgetown at the Timonium MD RV Show. I'd contact the dealership and have them contact FR about it.
Earlier at post 10 in this thread Shorty purchased a Phillips system through Walmart for under $200.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #15

I love my Phillips system from Walmart! I can play DVDs and my favorite is to play my iPhone through the system too, pictures and music from iPhone. This system has never had a problem way better than the original junk. No heat issues or cold weather issue.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #16
ME

Do a quick search on ebay and it is called a home entertainment center I looked on and found this one NEW Sony DVD Home Theatre System 1000W 5.1 DAV-HDX265 that should work and is SONY

Cructhfield.com is another great resource!