Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #1

Factory work problems

I have a 2004 ,370 XL bought new.Have had problems with windshield and roof leaks from day one.Has been back to the farctory six times from 2005 to 2010 ,still having roof leaks.I knew of several of you that had the same problems in the past with the 370 XL. Does any of you still have these problems or did the factory get them fixed?
louis cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Sorry to hear of your problems. I feel very fortunate I only had one leak problem and that was at the slide-out at the head of the bed. The floor got wet any time it rained. The tech at Chesaco RV found that the holes at the bottom that allow water to drip outside had been sealed almost closed. He opened the holes up some and we've never had another leak since. My only major problem was when the rear broke after 9200 miles. That was a Ford problem which they took care of it 100% including the towing to the repair facility.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Sorry to hear of your problems. I feel very fortunate I only had one leak problem and that was at the slide-out at the head of the bed. The floor got wet any time it rained. The tech at Chesaco RV found that the holes at the bottom that allow water to drip outside had been sealed almost closed. He opened the holes up some and we've never had another leak since. My only major problem was when the rear broke after 9200 miles. That was a Ford problem which they took care of it 100% including the towing to the repair facility.
I had those problems to but this is a lot differant. My coach was one of several that was assembled out of square from the factory. The windshield has broke or come out four times from 2005 to 2008.The windshield gasket has pulled away from the frount cap twice . The factory cut the rear cap and the frount lose and moved the roof in a efford to squar it up. When they did this it screwed up all three slides. All three slides have been reworked and late modle gaskets installed. This didn't help.They installed a plate in the frount top in frount of the cabnets to hold the cap from moving,this was first done by a 2004 owner in Calf. then the factory tried it . After they did this mod. they had to replaced the cabnets and tv with the ones in a 2008 modle. After they did this they had to repaint the coach,for the second time. They put crown molding inside to hide the fact the roof had be moved. This is when the leaks started.Left frount above the driver seat leaked when you were driving.Wouldn't leak seting still the people at two dealerships couldn't make it leak on the lot.I made a tape of it leaking at 60 MPH over the drver's head.The factory cut some of the covered on the side to top and added a brace to hold the roof still.Then it leaked on the right side above the window.Davismotorhome fount the where the factory had replced the awning,the screw at the top runing through the seal was in wrong and it was leaking in the side wall there.How it is leaking above the door and window.It leaks inside the wall bad enough to get it runing through screws and geting the trim wet around the door top wet. Mississippi doesn't have a lenon law on R.V.s so I am srewed there. You think I am stuck. How Dan Evens at Forest River tells me the warranty is up they will not work on it.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I'd contact John Armstrong with all of your facts. He's the one to speak with about long time warranty issues. I've worked with John before and he has always been fair. I hope he can help you in some way.

jarmstrong@forestriverinc.com

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 06-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #5

Talk to factory

Dan Evans is the manger of warranty ,Mr. Armstrong works for him. I don't have any complaints of how they handle your problems but if you have a bad bad problem and you live in a state where they don't have a lemon law, they will patch and patch give you all these little upgrades to keep you passafied ,or they hope it will .My problem with the windshield comeing out and cracking was just the start. For six years how I have working with Mr. Evans about this and other problems caused by them trying to alter the coach to put a bandaid on the on the problem.They have added braces,they have tried to move the roof,they have shifted the rear cap in a efford to squair the body up. This caused many leaks and still have leaks . How Mr. Evans says they can't do anymore.Take to a shop and they will help them find the problem. I called Forestriver main office and asked for Mr. Liegl. They said they would have someone call me back this was Tuesday,this morning they called .A man that works under Liegl . After a long talk he said he would talk to Mr Evans and call me back Thursday afternoon. I told him I was disapointed in Forestriver in the way they had handled this.I have had two other Forestriver trailers before this motorhome with no problems that I couldn't take care of myself,after all I have worked on all kinds of equipment for 47 years now and have be working for Fedex the last 23 years as a maintenance tech. I would like to just get the coach fixed. Mississippi doesn't have a lemon law for RV's .If you live in a state with no lemon law I would thank twice before I buy a Georgetown unless you have a lot of money you can have it fix or loss money and get another Motorhome. I hope he does call back Thursday but I don't expect good news,they know the laws.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #6

Update , After getting the brush off from Dan Evans and his bunch ,I called Pete Lighl office. I told the girl what my problem was. Later that next day a rep. for Lighl's office called. I talked to him for the best part of a hour. He had to talk to Evans and would get back to me the next afternoon after 4:30 centeral time. After the three had talked this is what they came up with. I would have to sign a letter of releace and they would have a Co. go over the coach to see if it meet RV standards and they would fix .How after six tmes to the factory they are going to fix it , if the Co. of their chiose said it was out of standards (who is paying this Co.)???? I told him what he was saying was they know what the problem is but they don't want to fix it or make it right. He said his people said it was poor mainteance . It has been to the factory six times and what they are looking at is there own peoples work or the lack of QC by Evans and all conserned. I have had the 370 xl new in 2004 ,seven years,and it has been to the factory six times. Now the hold right side from the door to the frount is roten,the mirrow is loose becuase wood has rotted out be hind the fiberglass. Above the right window they sealed the inside with black RTV to keep the water from the inside out of sight. I told him I work on aircraft for Fedex and they would fire me if I worked like that. Maybe they should take a closer look at what their Pro's did. I sent him pictures of all the work or the lack of ,to him. Lets see what he has to say.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #7

You need an attorney
Fourn3833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #8

You really need an attorney. How good is your inisurance? lol.
mikegp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

There needs to be a Lemon law for RVs or an Independent Company that investigates these types of problems on behalf of both the Customer and the Manufacturer. There's nothing more frustrating than having paid for a product that doesn't provide the satisfaction that should be there from day one. Everyone makes mistakes but after the numerous attempts of the factory to fix the problem they should have just replaced your coach. I really hope they come to their senses and realize their reputation will suffer more than replacing a messed up coach.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 07-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #10

Lemon law or no lemon law, if they are not willing to replace your coach on their own there ought to be some type of consumer protection law on the books that would apply to your case and force them to do so. Get a lawyer and find out.

What you have gone through is ridiculous and uncalled for. I can't believe that FR is treating you this way. They are a much better company than that.

They tried to fix the coach and failed. They should replace it rather than kicking you to the curb!

Good luck. I hope things work out for you.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Lemon law or no lemon law, if they are not willing to replace your coach on their own there ought to be some type of consumer protection law on the books that would apply to your case and force them to do so. Get a lawyer and find out.

What you have gone through is ridiculous and uncalled for. I can't believe that FR is treating you this way. They are a much better company than that.

They tried to fix the coach and failed. They should replace it rather than kicking you to the curb!

Good luck. I hope things work out for you.
I'm with you Gary...Was heading that way myself, But after talking to Jeff, Brandon and Shawn at PT along with the dealership maybe we are ALL on the same page....But the Lemon Laws is there for the little guy to use if needed.
2011: 365
2012: 365
tbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #12

How after the talk with Mike Stump (Pete Lighl's right hand man) I have requested the so called letter mailed to my house. Not a word out of them. E-mailed Dan Evans,Mike Burns asking them to get it sent to my house.Not a word. I did sent Stump several pictures of the so called PRO's repair work with a few added coments.I asked them to pay off my motor home. Not a word.Do you think the pictures of there real work (Votech school) made them think differant about the repair shops work. Oh I wish I could put these pictures on the forum for all to see,if you wish to see them e-mail me louischerry47@comcast.net and you will get them. I am proud of these pictures of my 37 ft. sunk pile. Oh ya ,after my trip to Myrtle Beach the fourth of July I found the whole right side from the ref.to the window at the frount cap is rooten.you can move it with your hand. If you ever need these e-mails here they are devans@forestriverinc.net & mburns@forestriverinc.net if you need to talk to anyone higher up call 1-574-389-4600 and go through all the auto talk to press 0 .Dan Evens # 1-754-206-7605 desk Mike burns 1-574-206-7603 desk Mike Stump 1-574-389-6020 maybe these will help you good people if you need it.good luck. I don't give up you can bet on that.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #13

You can post pictures here. Just use the "Post Reply" button instead of the quick reply box.

Scroll down a bit in the reply to thread screen and you'll see a "manage attachments" button. You can upload four or five pictures there.

Ignore the size limits, I've uploaded huge pictures, it resizes them for you.

I'd love to see the pictures of what they did.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #14

Pictures of windshield fix . Move gasket and windshield to the left. Glue it in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01300.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	6975   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01302.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	6976   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01304.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	6977   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01313.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	6978   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01303.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	6979  

Old 07-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #15

Here is how you fix a roof leak after you move the roof to try to keep the windshield in. Pro's real pro's
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0849.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	6980   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0850.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	6981   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0858.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	6982   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2508.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	6983   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2509.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	6984  

Old 07-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #16

Right side leak. Factory fix, use black RTV to keep the water out of view and maybe the coustomer will go away.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0859.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	6985   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0869.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	6986   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0863.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	6987   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0862.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	6988  
Old 07-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #17

first two 12-05 first moved trip one to factory,next 4-06 moved to the left again trip two
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	georgetown motor home 002.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	6989   Click image for larger version

Name:	georgetown motor home 001.jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	6990   Click image for larger version

Name:	georgetown motor home 007.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	6991   Click image for larger version

Name:	georgetown motor home 009.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	6992   Click image for larger version

Name:	georgetown motor home 017.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	6993  

Old 07-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #18

6-06 back home from factory (trip two) Pertty don't you think??? I put it back in so we could go.Back to factory trip three same year. The other pics you can see cap out of sq.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	georgetown motorhome after factory work 8-06 006.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	6994   Click image for larger version

Name:	georgetown motorhome after factory work 8-06 008.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	6995   Click image for larger version

Name:	georgetown motorhome after factory work 8-06 018.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	6996   Click image for larger version

Name:	georgetown motorhome after factory work 8-06 019.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	6997  
Old 07-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #19

Rained the other day. Four hours after it rained water is still comeing out the bottom of the right mirrow weep hole. I must have a resivior or a rain barrel in the right wall () !!!!!! lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01613.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	6998   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01620.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	6999  
Old 07-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #20

Wow that is just crazy.

Your unit sure is a pretty blue color. I didn't know you could get them in that color.

Thanks for the great pictures.