Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2021, 04:10 PM   #1

Film adhesive remover ideas

I started removing the film that covers the front of our 378. Looks like mold or something has gotten in behind the film and it's starting to look bad. I'm hoping someone has done this and can offer some advice on a couple of concerns

I saw an " Ugly Juice video on u tube on bought the plastic chisels shown which really good especially when it's warm. However any of the adhesive removers I tried ( Goo Gone , Goof Off ) have produced questionable results . The guy that puts out the video sells a removal product but its fairly expensive. Has anyone used it and found it was worth the $200 for gallon it comes in

The other question I have comcerns the " Georgetown " logoon the motorhome front . If I remove the film does the logo come off with it or is there a way of having it stay on ( eg carefully cutting arround the logo) Alternatively does FR sell a replacement logo I can possibly install after
Nomore9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 07:02 PM   #2
NXR

LOTS of people have had mold behind that Diamond Shield film and you can find lots of videos and stories about how difficult it is to remove, what worked, and what did not.

Ray
Old 11-28-2021, 07:16 PM   #3

Good luck. I tried at least 4 processes recommended on u tube as well as

spent a lot of money on heat devices, chemicals, scrapers, etc,

after 40 hours I removed about 4 square feet, Pay a fortune and leave it to the professionals or do what I did, sell it.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:53 PM   #4

pdf on there website for self removal.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:28 PM   #5

I have the same issue on a 2011 360DS. Haven't begun removal yet.
rjohnso3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:32 AM   #6

Film removal

Plastic razors and heat gun will remove plastic coating. Be careful with heat gun as you could damage paint if you get it too hot. 3m adhesive remover will remove remaining glue. Be patient and expect to spend 40 to 50 hours to complete the project.
bruceconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:24 AM   #7

Have used Ugly Shield removal yes about 200.00 a gal be it works . spray on plastic chisels about 3 days to remove a little at a time (slow worker) and it looks good no paint damage George Town logo stick on over shield peel of put on windshield and reinstall after shield is removed. hope it helps you
Docjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docjr View Post
Have used Ugly Shield removal yes about 200.00 a gal be it works . spray on plastic chisels about 3 days to remove a little at a time (slow worker) and it looks good no paint damage George Town logo stick on over shield peel of put on windshield and reinstall after shield is removed. hope it helps you

Ok thanks If it works I'll look at spending $ for U J or possibly 3M .Interestingly enough I removed some film on the opening under the grill and after working some of the left over adhesive with soapy water and a plastic chisel I was able to remove all the residue with just WD40 and a rough cloth
Is the Georgetown Logo one piece or individual letters etc Good to know if I need to take pictures and a bunch of measurements for spacing
Nomore9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:02 AM   #9

Georgetown Logo are individual letters stickey back take measurements for space
Docjr is offline   Reply With Quote