Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #1

Floor and porch lights

My floor lights and porch light quit working and have searched for fuse a can not find one. No power at switch, jumped power to switch and lights work. Went through fuses in back of Georgetown and under steps. I even tried fuses under dash no luck. It's a 2005 Georgetown. Any ideas would be great help!
Frank4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
A line slideouts

All depending on how you jumped power to them the switches tend to go bad and my need replaced? I can look into it further when I get back to work on Monday I just need to no what model you have so I can look the wire print up for it?
Chuck692020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #3

I unplugged the power from the steps and plugged it in to the other two switches. On the model I am not sure my title just say Georgetown. Where could I find it?
Old 11-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank4 View Post
I unplugged the power from the steps and plugged it in to the other two switches. On the model I am not sure my title just say Georgetown. Where could I find it?
Check the weight list usually in one of the kitchen cabinets. It may state the model number there. How long is your coach? The length is usually the first two numbers. Ours is 37 foot and the model number is 370TS. Triple slide.

http://www.crrvc.com/usedmh/usedmh04/usedmh04.htm

Is it this floorplan? 359

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #5

It's real close to that floor plan. But without The third slide. And it is 35 feet in length. I will go out to the storage yard and check on the stickers.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #6

It may be a 346 ds
Old 11-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #7

I know of three places on my coach where there are fuses so you might check these three places for a blown fuse. Assuming that there is no voltage at the input of the switch.

Fuses in the power panel where the AC breakers are
Fuses in the power center that the house batteries connect to. (have to take the plate off to see them)
And there are some wires on mine that run directly from the stuff in the step well to the positive pole of the batteries and they have inline fuse holders in the wire (this is the first place I would check).
Old 12-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #8

Does anyone think it would be a problem if I run a 2 wires from the switch that has power for the steps and give power to the other switches for floor and outside lights. I have tried every fuse I can find and nothing. What does everyone think?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:07 AM   #9
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank4 View Post
Does anyone think it would be a problem if I run a 2 wires from the switch that has power for the steps and give power to the other switches for floor and outside lights. I have tried every fuse I can find and nothing. What does everyone think?

Did you ever get back to Chuck with the model info? He works at FR I believe and would be your best bet to try and fix it properly first.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #10
ME

On our model a additional fuse is wired "in line" and was located behind the actual switch panel. I am on a mobile device so not sure on your floor plan (cannot open it) OR pull out your bottom drawer next to those switches to see if a fuse is wired in there. That's where mine was! Sort of like a early Easter egg hunt.......
Old 01-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #11

Well I look every where for another fuse have not found one in line. I removed the switch panel and the wires go into a group. So Any one have any other ideas?