Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2020, 09:24 AM   #1

Fog light issues

My 2008 georgetown 378 has an issue with fog lights.......cant get them to work. Read a lot of the previous posts and went issue by issue to resolve mine.Working from the lights back to the dash:
Pulled out driver side fog light and checked it on a battery, light works.
Pulled the 15amp green wire fuse that exits the engine bay fuse box, fuse is good.
Fog light switch on the dash is lite , have to assume it is receiving power.
Tried real hard to maneuver between the seat and steering wheel, cant get to the driver side cabin fuse panel .
Radio was upgraded to a Kenwood touch screen, however the rear camera works and all other dash switch/functions. Still trying to locate the ground for the light wiring harness on the engine firewall.
What am I missing
Old 07-31-2020, 10:19 AM   #2

This may be what you are referring to. This is from a 2017 GT 364. The fuse for my 2012 GT 378 is in the battery control center box where the coach batteries are located. Don't know if a 2008 GT 378 would be the same though.
Attached Images

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:45 AM   #3

Often other lights are connected in series ( or parallel) with lights on MH's and if there is a problem on any of those lights then all of the lights in that string will have problems... often the cause in older units is light socket corrosion...

I once fixed running lights on an older MH in a campground for a gentleman and his wife that was diagnosed by a dealership as needing a $600 wiring harness plus labor to fix... his solution was to just drive during the daylight hours. His wife's finger-nail emery board (sandpaper), a meter and some De-oxit spray fixed up those corroded connectors and he treated my wife and I to dinner and a bottle of wine!

He asked me why it was such an easy fix for me, and I said I start with basics and work toward harder solutions, where often mechanics want to "solve" the problem right away with the most expensive fix. And with an older vehicle often the problem drives away with no more "headache" for the mechanic. I WILL SAY often that electrical problems can be the MOST difficult to diagnose and fix.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:01 AM   #4

Wondering why you haven't already checked for a good light socket ground with a meter.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light