Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2021, 07:32 PM   #1

FR3/Georgetown Plant Video

Posted this over in the FR3 section but I thought you might get a kick out of it over here too.

Finally got a chance to sit down and do some editing from the trip in May. Here's a quick one I threw together taking a "different" look at the plant. Enjoy!

fuzzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:01 PM   #2

As if we didn't already know why, but there is direct evidence why the chassis and some other components used are nothing but a collection of rust after sitting outside rusting away for a year or two before being used in the assembly process. I guess they are too cheap to have an indoor warehouse for parts they are going to use.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270S View Post
As if we didn't already know why, but there is direct evidence why the chassis and some other components used are nothing but a collection of rust after sitting outside rusting away for a year or two before being used in the assembly process. I guess they are too cheap to have an indoor warehouse for parts they are going to use.
I took a tour of the plant while I was there (shot this video on a day the plant was closed). I asked the same question since I did see some in the yard dated about 5 months prior to my delivery date. When the ones stored in the yard get a build date they are sent to MORryde at that time. There they get the modifications and a complete refurbish including fresh paint before hitting the assembly line. I can verify this. I saw the before and after of the ones that were moved to the rear of the building near the entrance door. They looked brand new so shouldn't be any worries about them sitting that I could tell.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270S View Post
I've got over 30 minutes of video I had to cut down to 2 minutes to make it a reasonable length to watch. Here's a screenshot from extra video that didn't make the cut. That last door on the left is where the chassis enters the assembly line. Rolls in and gets the floor and some of the storage tubs and preliminary wiring installed. Along the right hand side of the picture is the chassis that have been refreshed and modified and are waiting to enter. In perfect condition other than whatever wear the tires would have from being outside sitting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (450).jpg
Views:	64
Size:	353.7 KB
ID:	258745  
Old 07-08-2021, 08:26 PM   #5

I took these during the tour. Close ups of the chassis after being returned from MORryde. These were in the line just outside and scheduled to go to assembly any day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	refurb (1).jpg
Views:	69
Size:	375.4 KB
ID:	258746   Click image for larger version

Name:	refurb (2).jpg
Views:	66
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	258747   Click image for larger version

Name:	refurb (3).jpg
Views:	63
Size:	325.7 KB
ID:	258748  
Old 07-09-2021, 10:30 AM   #6

Great video, thanks for sharing.
Bongo Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzball View Post
I took these during the tour. Close ups of the chassis after being returned from MORryde. These were in the line just outside and scheduled to go to assembly any day.
Thanks for sharing great info
KRMann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3, georgetown, tow