Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2022, 02:02 PM   #1

Fresh Water Tank Drain

Hello just started to de-winterize my 2022 Georgetown GT5. Found the red and blue low point drains. Is one of these used to drain the fresh water tank or do I need to keep looking? The blue drain only takes water out if the pump is on. I think the red drain does it without the pump. Sorry if this has been answered already but I did not see anything.
edisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 02:15 PM   #2
NXR

If you have a long, narrow panel near the rear of one side (my 2020 GT5 has it on the passenger side), open the door and remove the marine access plates.

My fresh tank and water pump are directly visible through the marine plate openings. I actually shine a flashlight in to illuminate the translucent fresh water tank to see the actual level.

Anyway, at the bottom rear corner of my tank is a fitting and that is where the water pump draws water from. At the front bottom corner is the fresh water tank drain. If yours is the same you can see the line color and where it runs.

BTW, if you open the Low Point drain(s) and run the water pump, the water pump will pull water from the tank and the open Low Point drains will start gushing water under pressure. It takes 2+ hours to drain my fresh tank normally but less than a half-hour by using "water pump assist" method.

Hope this helps,

Ray
Old 04-10-2022, 02:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisit View Post
Hello just started to de-winterize my 2022 Georgetown GT5. Found the red and blue low point drains. Is one of these used to drain the fresh water tank or do I need to keep looking? The blue drain only takes water out if the pump is on. I think the red drain does it without the pump. Sorry if this has been answered already but I did not see anything.
If the newer GT's are like my 2012 there is only 1 low point drain. The holding tank and low point drains (both with caps/plugs) are together and the holding tank vent (overflow) is nearby. When the water heater bypass is set to bypass both hot and cold lines will drain through the one drain line.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 02:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisit View Post
Blue is cold water side low point drain. Red is hot water side low point drain.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 04:38 PM   #5
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR

My 2020 only has two blue ones, no red. And the black fresh tank overflow.

Ray
Old 04-10-2022, 08:04 PM   #6

Ok thanks everyone for the information. Sanitized the fresh water tank and then drained It with the low point drains. Put 40 gallons of fresh water the tank and now my water pump won’t start. Anyone have some ideas on why that might be happening? Does the coach need to be close to level to run the pump?
Old 04-10-2022, 10:19 PM   #7

No need to level trailer to run the pump

The water pump is not dependent on the trailer being level only if yo are tyring to get the last couple gallons from it.

Reason for the pump not running:
1. No DC power to the trailer (battery or shore power/converter)
2. Switch not on. Mine has a light in the switch when on
3. Wires knocked off the pump or it's pressure limit switch
4. Blown fuse
5. Defective pump
6. If you have City water connected, the pressure in the line will cause the pump not to run. Open a tap to bleed pressure.

If you have a Volt-Ohm meter you can check for power at the pump when the pump switch is on. If power is there (fuse OK, switch on, power to the trailer) then the limit switch might be stick. A gentle tap may break it loose - GENTLE TAP.

Good luck.
TV: 1999 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4
Honda EU2200i Generator, 300 Watts Solar
Ham Callsign KD7UM
UT_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 02:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
That’s what I thought also on my 36d7 GT 7 but actually the blue tube drains the water from the lines and the red tube drains the water from the tank.
At least that’s what it does on my unit.

Jimbo
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 04:50 PM   #9

Well today I turned on the pump and it was running just not pumping water. Went over to the wet bay and opened the outdoor shower faucet and suddenly the outdoor filter made some noise drained down and the pump kicked in. Filter filled back up and everything was normal. Was able to pump water to all locations.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:43 PM   #10

My water pump airlocked on my last trip. I unscrewed the filter cap until water ran out. Screwed the cap back on and the pump took off and worked fine.
Me, the wifey, and Molly (minnie Aussie)
Jimmy Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank