Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2015, 09:24 PM   #1

Front clear 3M protective film

Has anyone had issues with the transparent protective film in front of the coach? I have a 2010 Georgetown 350TS and it started to get brittle and humidity started to form between the film and the paint with really ugly mildew stains. I had to take it to a body shop to have it removed which it also damaged some of the paint in the process of removing since it was extremely hard to remove. The body shop did an excellent job of matching all of the paint and striping and applying 3 coats of clear on the whole front cap. Which by the way the front GEORGETOWN logo had to be removed and I called Forest River to get it replaced since it was due to the faulty 3M protective film, they told me I had to buy it and I told them to forget it if I had to purchase it due to their poor quality materials, all I wanted to have it looking original, but I can live without it since it looks like an ice cream truck with all the markings. I felt I had to pay to advertise for them? NO WAY!
tonytiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:17 PM   #2

A few years ago we had a Georgetown owner having the same issue.
He was told that it had to be installed during a high humid time and the moisture was trapped which cause mildew forming. At least you were able to catch it and get it repainted.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:41 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to chuckw5kav
I called Coachman to ask about the Chaparral Logo on the front of
my 5th wheel. Since my 5th wheel is 8 years old I figured that I
would have to buy such. What I was not set for is how much
the cost of such was, $180.00 for just the Chaparral Logo
WOW

I didn't order one, I said thank you but no thank you
W5KAV
Last years Camping 125 days
This years Camping 150 an still going
chuckw5kav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:44 PM   #4

There seems to be quite a few on other forums with other brands not happy with that product for the same reasons.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:48 PM   #5

I work part time at an RV Dealership, I have seen a number of coaches with the same problem you had, even up to the $300,000 to $400,000 units. It looks good when new, but as you experienced, problems later.
tomrob1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:42 PM   #6
Team Bleu

I have a Georgetown, 2013, no problems, but someone at the dealer ship said they change them out every 4 to 5 years. So I'm going to assume they done last long and need replacing.
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote