Old 07-13-2020, 11:10 AM   #1

Front Rooftop AC issues

My 2019 GT5 has had an issue with the front AC unit. The T-stat will blink on and off like on a low battery situation with a digital device. You can't turn the AC off when in this condition. If I disconnect power (either shore or Gen.) the AC will stop. But, reconnecting power the AC will start back up in the mode it was in when power was shut of. Go back and check after awhile, the T-stat is showing temp setting and all appropriate indicator lights and working properly. The AC then can be turned off with the stat. The rear T-stat has always worked properly so I switched the 2 stats around. The same things happen with the front AC unit so the T-stat is not the issue. Had the gen. running yesterday for AC while going down the road. The T-stat would go off, then blink on and off, then work for awhile. I have had it into 2 dealer visits, and even and the Factory Service Center and I could not get it to repeat the condition. Got it home, plugged it in and the T-stat would only blink. These problems are hard to trouble shoot.
pojoGTH5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #2

I'm going to guess it's a wiring issue or loose connection. I had a similar problem where all the lights flashed on and off and I had to disconnect power to reset it. But on my thermostats they had removed the plugs and used closed end crimp wire connectors to connect the wires. I removed it and replaced the wire caps (was on the road at the time) and mine hasn't done it again. I've seen a few other posts with flashing thermostat as the issue.

You can call Dometic customer support or try a message to wtroyer01. He is a manager for Dometic that covers Forest River and on the forums occasionally.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...01-138741.html
TominVegas is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof