Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2022, 08:57 AM   #1

Furrion Fireplace will not turn on

Ok, we are in Florida so I donít need it, but our Furrion fireplace will not turn on on our 2021.5 GT7. I was able to pull it out and verify power was getting to the unit. Anyone have any ideas or does this just get added to the list?
_nelsonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:21 PM   #2

Have same one, donít know of any magic. Straight forward off and on. I can turn on manually or with remote.
Add to list.
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 10:44 AM   #3

We just purchased a 2022 Georgetown GTA 31L5. The first time we used the Furrion fireplace, it worked just fine. However, the second time we turned it on the fireplace shutdown immediately and there was a "burning smell" and a blue flashing Code 88 was displayed. At our next overnight stopover, the flashing blue Code 88 did not show even though we had connected the motorhome to shore power. However, when we decided to turn on the fireplace (to test it) it lid up for a second or two and turn itself off and again the flashing blue Code 88 was displayed. Fortunately, there was no burning smell. Clearly, we have not turned on the fireplace since. Has anyone experienced this problem with a Furrion fireplace in a Georgetown and if so, what was the solution to this problem?
Marty2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 08:35 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I found the below online.... Hopefully this will help

Furrion Fireplace 88 Code
This seems to be a common problem as more than one customer has seen this error code flashing in front of their eyes. All it means is that the blower fan is overheating and you need to take the right repair steps to get the error code off the screen and your fireplace working again.

The first step in the repair is to check your inlets and vents. If they have an obstruction then the airflow is blocked and cannot cool your fan down. If that doesn’t work, then you can reset the circuit board by turning the fireplace off for 15 to 20 minutes.
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fireplace, furrion