Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2020, 01:08 PM   #1

Furrion stove

Never has worked. Press dial igniter woks, fan comes on but no fire. Called Furrion- they said to have dealer check water something or other.
Anyone heard of this?
Mikep63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:15 PM   #2
Site Team

Was dealer asking to have the line pressure measured? It is done with a manometer and the reading is in inches of water( in a column). Do the other propane appliances work? Has it ever worked? Did you bleed the lines? If propane has not been used in a while the pressure can be low or there may be some air in the lines. Are you sure you didn't set off the free flow protection device in the tank?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #3

Top works fine, seems as though no gas is going to oven. I do not see any separate valves for stove
Old 09-10-2020, 08:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Was dealer asking to have the line pressure measured? It is done with a manometer and the reading is in inches of water( in a column). Do the other propane appliances work? Has it ever worked? Did you bleed the lines? If propane has not been used in a while the pressure can be low or there may be some air in the lines. Are you sure you didn't set off the free flow protection device in the tank?
Does a motorhome ASME type LP tank have a free flow protection device?
Old 09-10-2020, 08:31 PM   #5

Mikep63, what is the year and model of your Georgetown? Have you followed the oven ignition procedure in the Furrion oven manual?
Old 09-10-2020, 10:48 PM   #6

I called furrion tech support, the answer they gave was strange. Telling me to take it to my dealer and have them do some type of water something test. “ Not check this or that, but take it to dealer. This stove has never been used, only top burners.
I am going to call their tech support again tomarrow so that I can get a better answer of what they are talking about.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:48 AM   #7
2018 31L5

Pilot?

My oven isn't lit with spark ignitor. I have to turn to pilot and press knob while igniting and hold until thermocouple senses flame. Then I set temp and burner ignites. Mine doesn't have a fan.
bobotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikep63 View Post
Never has worked. Press dial igniter woks, fan comes on but no fire. Called Furrion- they said to have dealer check water something or other.
Anyone heard of this?
Have you read your manual?
Have you tried to light it manually?
Mine youhave to while pushing in the oven button.
Must hold until the sensor get hot to maintain pilot light.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:25 PM   #9

After a second call to Furrion today they said to take it to dealer. I asked for some one to walk me through some check steps, again they would not do any thing Other then tell me to take it to the dealer.
What kind of Tech support is that!!

Iggy- yes I read the manual, no mention of holding igniter on long enough to heat the sensor. Guess what, that little information you mentioned there did the trick. Thank you very much.
Old 09-11-2020, 06:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikep63 View Post
After a second call to Furrion today they said to take it to dealer. I asked for some one to walk me through some check steps, again they would not do any thing Other then tell me to take it to the dealer.
What kind of Tech support is that!!

Iggy- yes I read the manual, no mention of holding igniter on long enough to heat the sensor. Guess what, that little information you mentioned there did the trick. Thank you very much.
Bottom line you learned somehting new.
Glad it now is working.
That is what we are all here to do is help others.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:42 AM   #11

A great example of why this forum is so helpful. There are also representatives of several components, in addition to Forest River itself, that sometimes monitor the forums. Not to mention that Iggy is a wealth of knowledge all on his own.

As a side note, I had an issue with a Furrion TV, tech support basically told me the same thing as in take it to the dealer. I took it back to the dealer and once they verified the issue, Furrion sent me out a new one immediately. So while their tech support may not have been as helpful as some of the other vendors, they stood behind their product and shipped out the new one fast.

Just so you are aware, most, if not all, RV gas stoves have to have the pilot light lit manually before they will operate. Some manuals are more descriptive than Furrion's apparently. Glad you got it figured out!
TominVegas is offline   Reply With Quote