Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2022, 12:42 PM   #21

The parts replacement that come from FR comes with the entire switch. No need to take it apart. That was the reason for my post. If one purchases just the rocker cover then something like you suggested would be handy. As hands off as so many owners are, I didn't even suggest going that route.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 10:56 AM   #22

Looks a lot like the switches in my Legacy. The cover of the switch just snaps into place. You can try to carefully pull the cover off to access the bulb and maybe replace it. Problem is, this sometimes cracks the plastic clips holding it on. I didn’t know about the tool someone posted on here. I’m gunna get one to have in my bag.

Because removing the cover often ends with a broken switch and, I don’t know where I would find a replacement bulb, I order new switches from FR parts department. Contact them with your VIN number and a picture of your switch. They will let you know if they have it and the price. Changing the switch requires gaining access to the back of the mounting panel to release the clips holding the switch in. Change out the wires then snap the new switch back in.

Forest River Factory Parts - (574) 522-1747

Tags
switch