Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2015, 08:42 PM   #1

generator exhaust modification

Got a 2015 364TS. Generator exhaust is under main slide on living area. We do a lot of dry camping during football season while tailgating with other campers. I would like to figure out how to reroute exhaust about 18" to the rear so I can clear the slide with a gen-turi. My rv dealer told me they can't and so far no cooperation through onan service in my area (Tulsa, Ok). Has anyone had any experience with this. My last rv was a tow behind and we hauled a separate generator in my truck, so I am new to a motor home with an onboard system.
rxrdbou1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #2

I have a 2013 351ds but I think the generator location is similar. I took mine to a local muffler shop I found with a local Google search and online reviews. I extended the slide and they measured and cut a piece of exhaust pipe, opened the end, and bent it to the angle to connect with the genset exhaust. It passes under the slide and I attach the Genturi to the side of the coach with two suction cup type j hooks. If the extension pipe is cut to the correct length, the bottom of the Genturi will rest on the extension pipe, which will rest against the genset exhaust. It will all be supported by the bungee cords connected to the two suction cups. I think the shop took about 30 minutes and charged less than $20. Call the shop in advance and explain what you're looking for before you go and if they can do it, ask if there is a lighter time of day to stop by so there will be fewer objects to dodge in their parking area. For instance, my shop had me meet 15 minutes before their usual opening so I could get my rig in before their muffler appointments started showing up. You might also want to visit without your rig first just to make sure you'll be able to maneuver around the shop.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
jpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpow View Post
I have a 2013 351ds but I think the generator location is similar. I took mine to a local muffler shop I found with a local Google search and online reviews. I extended the slide and they measured and cut a piece of exhaust pipe, opened the end, and bent it to the angle to connect with the genset exhaust. It passes under the slide and I attach the Genturi to the side of the coach with two suction cup type j hooks. If the extension pipe is cut to the correct length, the bottom of the Genturi will rest on the extension pipe, which will rest against the genset exhaust. It will all be supported by the bungee cords connected to the two suction cups. I think the shop took about 30 minutes and charged less than $20. Call the shop in advance and explain what you're looking for before you go and if they can do it, ask if there is a lighter time of day to stop by so there will be fewer objects to dodge in their parking area. For instance, my shop had me meet 15 minutes before their usual opening so I could get my rig in before their muffler appointments started showing up. You might also want to visit without your rig first just to make sure you'll be able to maneuver around the shop.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
X2....At the races, our pit areas are small and everyone uses a gen.....most everyone uses a Good Neighbor exhaust of some sort, usually up the side to the top of their trailer.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrdbou1969 View Post
Got a 2015 364TS. Generator exhaust is under main slide on living area. We do a lot of dry camping during football season while tailgating with other campers. I would like to figure out how to reroute exhaust about 18" to the rear so I can clear the slide with a gen-turi. My rv dealer told me they can't and so far no cooperation through onan service in my area (Tulsa, Ok). Has anyone had any experience with this. My last rv was a tow behind and we hauled a separate generator in my truck, so I am new to a motor home with an onboard system.
This thread should provide with info you are looking for.......

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-75070.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #5

thanks for all the info...gives me several good ideas. Just have to get it put together prior to September!
rxrdbou1969 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, generator, modifications