Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #1

georgetown

well i just got a 2006 georgetown and have been reading the forms was wondering how to used the leving jacks anty help please
edxl370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Anacortesians

Our rig is an '02 325 Class A with four jacks. Normally, I run all four of them down together until I can feel them starting to take the weight. Then, I look at the two axis levels and run the jacks in pairs until the rig is level.

The control panel for my system can run all four on one switch, the two front ones on another, the two back ones on another, the two right side ones on a fourth and the two left side ones on a fifth. By juggling front/back and side to side, I can usually get the rig level fairly quickly, without any of the wheels coming off the ground.

It helps that I've got two stick-on bubble level indicators where I can see them while running the system. I set them up by getting the bottom of the fridge level in both axes, which is supposed to be the datum for everything, then sticking the indicators on. One is on the TV cabinet for side-to-side, the other on the driver's side window for fore and aft. The control panel is between the main instrument cluster and the driver's side wall.

Later Georgetowns may have a different control panel than mine, but the basic idea remains the same. Whatever else, don't lift the back wheels off the ground. They have the parking brake function and unless there's weight on them, your rig might slide away and do serious damage to the jacks.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Hydraulic%20Slideout-Web.pdf

Lippert Troubleshooting Tips.pdf

Congrats on your Georgetown These should be able to help you.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote